PDA

View Full Version : One More Scenery Library

jdhaenens
May 25th, 2009, 17:59
OK, one last scenery library uploaded to Flightsim dot com. This one is aircraft shelters of the fabric and pipe variety. It seems they are everywhere today.

Enjoy

Jim

BananaBob
May 25th, 2009, 18:29
I gotta learn how to place these objects because that's some great work! I have the updated SDK for Acceleration, is the tool to place objects like that in there and is it hard? :medals::medals:

jdhaenens
May 25th, 2009, 19:01
Hi Bob. I cheat...I use Instant Scenery by Flight 1. It will place scenery in either FSX or FS 2004 while you're looking at what you're placing. I think it was around $30.00, but it's worth every cent. The Object Placement Tool out of the SDK is one of the user un-friendliest interfaces known to modern man.

Also, ADE by John "Scruffyduck" Masterson will place objects as will Whisplacer by Lamont Clark. I don't believe that either of those two will give you WYSIWYG placement.

Best,

Jim

BananaBob
May 25th, 2009, 19:31
Thanks Jim, I'm all about easy so I'll look into that application, thought I heard that the object placement tool in the SDK was a nightmare to use. Thanks! :ernae:

Meshman
May 25th, 2009, 21:59
Also, ADE by John "Scruffyduck" Masterson will place objects as will Whisplacer by Lamont Clark. I don't believe that either of those two will give you WYSIWYG placement.

First, love your work, Jim. Grab all I can, just can't use it in my current project(s).

Second, Whisplacer takes a little work to get setup correctly, but it allows for in-sim object placement. Much along the lines of Instant Scenery or if anyone has used AFX (airport editor) the interaction is much the same. Can't beat Whisplacer's price, it's just too bad the developer ceased his programming work for all his FSX stuff.

jdhaenens
May 26th, 2009, 02:56
Thanks for that Lance.