PDA

View Full Version : Victor

noddy
May 25th, 2009, 13:58

gajit
May 25th, 2009, 14:02
Dont look like its got any glass in the cockpit - is it freeware?

I sat in cockpit of one just a week ago at Manston.

Roger
May 25th, 2009, 14:05

I emailed Phil on Saturday with my original password and haven't had a reply yet.

Dangerous Beans
May 25th, 2009, 14:43
Looks like the old Alphasim FS9 one to me.
I tried porting it some time ago but very few of the gauges worked.

But then again I just checked there site and they now list a full FSX version.

Roger
May 25th, 2009, 15:17
Looks like the old Alphasim FS9 one to me.
I tried porting it some time ago but very few of the gauges worked.

But then again I just checked there site and they now list a full FSX version.

They've upgraded it to FsX native and previous purchasers can get the upgrade free.

noddy
May 25th, 2009, 23:21
Yes it is the up dated Alphasim model, shots taken in DX10 as well.

As far as the glass is concerned, it does have it, but there are so many panels maybe it doesn't show up so well?

DaveQ
May 26th, 2009, 04:31
D/L'ed the FSX version on Sunday having finally located my FS9 order number. It's fine except that, as was pointed out on another thread, the gauges on the VC 'float' off the panel surface, which is a real distraction. With so much good freeware now coming out for FSX, this kind of error is not really acceptable in a payware model; even fairly limited beta testing should have spotted it.

DaveQ

Dangerous Beans
May 26th, 2009, 09:34
I bought the FS9 version so long ago that I hope I can still find my order number.
If I can then I'll download it as its free but if I cant its not a good enough model by todays standards that I'll want to pay for it again.

EDIT: Found my original order from July 2004, as I bought it before 2006 I've had to sent an email to claim my free upgrade so I'll have to wait for a reply before I can try it out.