PDA

View Full Version : O'Boy, do I need help

Taco
October 16th, 2008, 06:14
Ok, here my problem with FSX. Have installed SP1(and this problems didn’t exist) installed acceleration and BINGO have this problem. After installing add-on aircraft and then going to fly now, when the aircraft is loaded all I get is a white out screen. Sometimes the aircraft would show up in one of windows and then go white. Now this happens with aircraft designed for FSX and also with the converted FS9s also. :isadizzy: Computer is more than capable of handling FSX.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Thanks for and input. Jim

harleyman
October 16th, 2008, 06:21
When you install acceleration it contains both SP 1 and 2 with it..It does however read your regestry and see that you have SP1 there so it will skip that install on its own...

But its a no no to do that acceleration install on a system that has addons...you may consider a fresh install..Or removing acceleration and all addons and going again....

I believe this is a known issue....:banghead:

Aerobat85
October 16th, 2008, 07:00
I've noticed a white out when light bloom is checked on, and an addon aircraft doesn't support it.

Nick C
October 16th, 2008, 08:21
Yes, it's light bloom, turn it off if you're running FS9 aircraft.

Taco
October 16th, 2008, 11:35
Hey fellows, thanks a lot for the information. I did them and by golly I see aeroplanes:jump:......Again thanks.

Jim

harleyman
October 16th, 2008, 12:35
Thats great....:applause:

But is there not problems from installing Acceleration over add ons? :banghead:

I thought there was as I stated....Just wanting to know for sure as I thought I was correct with that....Thanks

Cazzie
October 16th, 2008, 15:18
Add-on planes (particularly from FS9 aircraft) will not show up unless there is a thumbnail .jpg in the texture folder for that plane. One needs to take a screenshot and resize it to 256 pixel width and place it in the folder of the texture.

On the white plane showing up, is the DX10 preview checked? If so, that's your problem, FS9 aircraft taken over to FSX will not show unless you use DX9 only, so uncheck the DX10 preview in Settings.

Caz

EgoR64
October 16th, 2008, 15:31
:wavey:

Yepper, Probably just need to Uncheck DX10 had the Same Prob in my AO !!

Cheers !!

Taco
October 16th, 2008, 15:41
harleyman'

I deleted acceleration and Fsx and re-loaded FSX, and then acceleration, and then added my add-on aircraft and as noted it worked along with unchecking light bloom. I understand that if you have add-on aircraft and then add aceleration this could cause a problem. So far all is working OK.

harleyman
October 16th, 2008, 15:47
harleyman'

I deleted acceleration and Fsx and re-loaded FSX, and then acceleration, and then added my add-on aircraft and as noted it worked along with unchecking light bloom. I understand that if you have add-on aircraft and then add aceleration this could cause a problem. So far all is working OK.

I'm glad you are going again...If I led you astray I'm sorry...But I've always heard that is a set up for problems...But something worked,and light bloom does cause that too to happen......:applause: