PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone brought one of these yet

hey_moe
September 27th, 2008, 17:03
I been looking at buying this plane>> http://justflight.com/product.asp?pid=313# any of you guys already got it and what cha think of it...Mike

bstolle
September 27th, 2008, 21:45
This is one of the very best add-on planes for FSX!
VERY good visual model and VC. Smooth gauges, good frame rate.
Highly recommended.
I'm not sure which version the justflight Herk is.
Latest basepack from CS is 1.3
CS claims that further possible patches might not work with the justflight version (at least with the fs9 version)

Ferry_vO
September 28th, 2008, 01:44
CS claims that further possible patches might not work with the justflight version (at least with the fs9 version)

That's what happened to me with the Fs9 version; I bought some add-on models at Simmarket to add to my JF C-130 CD version but one or two don't work because I can't upgrade the CD version to v1.1. :banghead:

hey_moe
September 28th, 2008, 02:33
For seventy bucks I wanna make sure it doesn't have a lot of problems...I am tired of jumping into a download only to find out it is crap.

kilo delta
September 28th, 2008, 02:45
I'd recommend the CS version...to ensure compatibility of future patches. The aircraft itself is one of the best addons available to FSX users and is suprisingly very easy on frames. Loads of variants to choose from and you can also mimic that Spectre in your sig:d
I've been "flying" my Hercs around Iraq and the 'Stan lately ( although we need much better mesh and some addon scenery would be nice too!). I'll upload some screenies later :wavey:

Some screenies...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/GeeTI/fsx2008-09-1116-27-37-60.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/GeeTI/fsx2008-09-1116-33-56-37.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/GeeTI/fsx2008-09-1211-59-55-55.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/GeeTI/fsx2008-09-1212-03-24-91.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/GeeTI/fsx2008-09-1213-03-43-58.jpg

Hector
September 28th, 2008, 03:30
I bought the CS version last weekend and once i finally received a download link i was up and running very quickly.Initially,i thought it was a bit pricey but once i was sitting in the cockpit and saw just how good everything looked,i forgot all about the price:d.I would definitely give this one a thumbs up.

Hector.

guzler
September 28th, 2008, 03:57
I have heard comments about poor frame rates in the past and that has put me off buying it. The reports here conflict with this ???????

Any comments ?:isadizzy:

IanP
September 28th, 2008, 04:03
I'm having no frame rate problems at all with it - I would post a link to our updated-to-FSX review, but that would require me finding time to finish the *%$£@ thing! :banghead:

This is one of the reviews I've done of products I already had myself - all CS gave me as a review copy to complete the set was add-on pack 2 - and I'm a very happy customer with this one. It overtook the Aerosoft Twotter as my most used aircraft some time ago and is now zooming (or droning, it's a Herc) off happily into the distance at the top of the list. You do need 1.3 though, as it does fix a number of issues. The JustFlight package wasn't released until some time after the CS v1.3 patch so it might be included - very much worth checking.

Ian P.

hey_moe
September 28th, 2008, 05:33
Thanks for the info and the pictures look sweet...still doing some reading...does the Just Flight copy come with all the updates? or do I need to go somewhere else...Mike

IanP
September 28th, 2008, 06:17
Personally, I'd get it from CS. I've been stung by the lack of updates to JustFlight box sets on a few occasions, most recently the Wilco/FeelThere Airbii, which still haven't got a patch released months ago for Wilco direct customers.

Ian P.

hey_moe
September 28th, 2008, 06:47
What site do you recomend....don't know what CS is ?

IanP
September 28th, 2008, 07:03
http://www.captainsim.com/products/c131/index.html

Captain Sim - the developer. JustFlight are only a third party distributor, doing a boxed set of the add-on.

Ian P.

Cactuskid
September 28th, 2008, 07:23
I have over 80 hours in the CS C-130, and it's one of the best aircraft in my hanger. My neighbor is a real-deal USAF Herc jock and flies the EC-130. He came over and tried out the CS sim and was impressed enough to go out and buy FSX and the CS Herc. The flight dynamics and systems are really good IMHO. My favorite versions are the SEA livery 130E and the AC-130 gunship which I fly out of Hurlburt. I highly recommend this package... :d

Hector
September 28th, 2008, 08:51
As i mentioned above,i am very happy with what i have bought but,i have eyed the addon packs a few times.Do they really add "that" much more that would make them a "must have" sort of thing or would someone like myself be just as content with the base pack?.I havnt phrased this very well so,i hope someone can understand what i am trying to ask :icon_lol:

guzler,
I cant say that i have ever noticed any frame hits.I have flown the Herc in different places in different conditions and its always been very smooth for me.

Kilo delta,
Nice screenies,particularly the ones with the Blue Angels colour scheme

Hector.

IanP
September 28th, 2008, 09:12
The add-on packs are primarily - but not entirely - just exterior visuals. The only one that has a replacement interior (from inside) is the AC-130U, while all the "oddities", i.e. the KC, AC and the AEW&C model, have appropriate interiors in external view.

The flight models, from the C-130A through the J to the NC-130H, are pretty much identical, but they do have differences obviously for the ski and float models.

If you just want "a C-130 to fly", I'd just stick with the baspack, but if you like taking screenshots, or want to fly the correct aircraft between the correct bases, you might like the extra packs.

Ian P.

Hector
September 28th, 2008, 09:54
Ian P,
Thanks for the good info.I think ill stick with the base pack for now

Hector.:ernae:

CG_1976
September 28th, 2008, 11:09
Yep i have many hours of fun with this fishing
C-130.

Antarius
September 28th, 2008, 12:44
I ordered from JF. I prefer a dvd and a printed manual to read instead of on-screen pdfs.

FLighT01
September 29th, 2008, 03:46
I ordered from JF. I prefer a dvd and a printed manual to read instead of on-screen pdfs.

Same here. Ordered a copy yesterday. I had a bunch of bonus points built up from previous purchases so it only cost me around $50.00. Had to go for it, loved the one in FS9 but gave that one away to a buddy who was just getting into simming a year ago when I decided FSX was the only option for me going forward. He had a modestly powered box so I gave him most of my FS9 stuff as I didn't want him to get frustrated by trying to run FSX. I set it all up for him and he gets a rock solid 30 fps with high graphics settings, FEX, GEX, UTX, and upgraded mesh, and is happy as a clam. Glad to see the 130 back on disc and full FSX.

hey_moe
September 29th, 2008, 14:01
Linda gotta work the street corner for a few more nights and then I can get it:mixedsmi:

VFR Reviews
September 29th, 2008, 14:04
Great shots KD :)

what scenery is that at first?

Also, Captain Sim did a major remake to this plane, and honestly it's pretty much the CS version now. It's a much better deal here, so go for it :)

kilo delta
September 30th, 2008, 01:16
Thanks Kevin. Scenery is NAS Pensacola by forum member Jim Dhaenens (fsx_knpa.zip @ Avsim) and MC Designs FS9 scenery also by a fellow forum member Michael Carr (mcdmil.zip @ Avsim).:wavey: