PDA

View Full Version : File placement

Fibber
October 16th, 2008, 05:06
Well CRS has reared up its' ugly head here!
While rebuilding my WHOLE three theaters I came across some files in the downloads that are NDB files. For the life of me I can't remember where they go! Is it at the end of the airfield delineation in the airbase.dat file or somewhere else?
On that note, since not all downloads have "readme's" in them, a "sticky" that is a guide to where different files go, ie; Bgl's, BMP's etc. and whether they go to texture, scenerydb, scenery etc. would be a good idea.
I would do it but am not sure on all things in this game like some of you real knowledgeable guys (no sarcasm there), but praise intended.

bearcat241
October 16th, 2008, 08:19
Make a folder named scenery, put the bgl's in it. Make another named texture, put the bmps in it. Make another named NDB files and put the first two in it. Drop the NDB folder into the SCENEDB folder; fire up the sim and activate the NDB folder the same as any other scenery item in the library.

oldwheat
October 16th, 2008, 08:42
I think that I may have CRS but I don't recall what it is :costumes:. Is it anything like 'CRAFT'?

sc7500
October 16th, 2008, 17:51
...I think that I may have CRS but I don't recall what it is :costumes:. Is it anything like 'CRAFT'?...

At the risk of stomping on the burning paper bag.... and for the benefit of our younger membership...

CRS = Can't Remember S**T

CRAFT = Advanced CRS, also known as Can't Remember A Freakin' Thing...

:eek: Now Run Away !! Run AWAY !!!!

SC
:kilroy:

Donald Piper
October 16th, 2008, 18:31
It imy belief that after 6 months "CRS" mutates into "craft".... not terminal but annoying as hell. Dr don

Fibber
October 17th, 2008, 13:51
lately I think that it has progressed more to " craft" !!!!!:icon_lol: