PDA

View Full Version : My New Computer!

N2056
May 23rd, 2009, 19:48
As mentioned the other night, I finally was able to replace my poor old rig. It served me well, but was really becoming an anchor to progress. With guidance from Harlyman & Texnetcop I am now cookin' with gas! :d

Thanks Guys! :applause:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8859/picturecfq.jpg

Marlin
May 23rd, 2009, 20:20
Bravo sir, bravo

Looking good, so how is the transferring of all your programs going? That doesn't sound like much fun to me.

Good luck with that brand new baby, :applause:

Lionheart
May 23rd, 2009, 21:30
Nice looking equipment Robert! Did you get that from the movie set of Star Trek?

:d

Once cool looking tower...!

Bill

icarus
May 23rd, 2009, 23:03
nice...how is lcd monitor? 22,24? you didn't specific the computer..processor, etc..at least here

lucky i m not married...i'm going to buy the third soon....the second one is too old for fsx sp1...

BananaBob
May 23rd, 2009, 23:06
Very nice! and when worse comes to worse, you can use that cut-out on the see-thru plexy as some kind of wicked throwing weapon, :ernae:

txnetcop
May 24th, 2009, 02:00
Outstanding Robert. I knew that little rascal would do the trick. Harleyman and I have been experimenting with various parts that come to less $700 that run FSX just plain kick-arse.

Harleyman needed a shop system for experimentation and I had just built a school homework system/gamer for a disadvantaged kid in our complex and had very little money to do it on. Harleyman's inexpensive though powerful Gigabyte motherboard was a better board than the more expensive ASUS boards I had been using. I had to use the Intel E5200 for Bobby(the kid in our complex) because I had run out of money to help the kid. Little did I know that processor would OC to 3.8 Ghz and run FSX like an E8600. I was stunned in the testing I did on it, and I asked the guys at TechCorp to build one and confirm my timings. Of course you can run a nice quad core on that same board and come up with even better scores.

Harleyman and I combined what we had been working on and came up with that little jewel. This same system with the HIS HD4850 Turbo has been running Crysis eye candy at 60fps with stunning graphics. When I OC'd that unit to 3.6, FSX ran and looked as good as it does with my E8600 OC'd to 4.0Ghz combined with my BFG GTX285 OC and costs a heck of a lot less. Needless to say, that is one happy kid...his mother reports he is doing well in school now and wants to be pilot some day.

Harleyman may be somewhat new at this, but he was bound and determined to find a system that ran FSX right the first time, without breaking the bank. He had been burned by two very expensive systems from Digital Storm that would not run FSX well. It's nice to have a guy in the forum who has everyone's best interest at heart when it comes to this hobby. He is always working on some new angle that will save eveyone else some grief. I recommend his computers to anyone in this forum that is looking for a great, inexpensive little gamer. I only build in Texas, but Harleyman has worked out a deal for shipping Continental US inexpensively.

Ya did good Robert, and I really appreciate you listening to what must have sounded crazy to you. Now about finishing that Thorp...:ernae:
Ted

hey_moe
May 24th, 2009, 02:06
Looks nice...how she run FSX...Mike

CodyValkyrie
May 24th, 2009, 02:14
Congrats on the new computer. As I am typing this I am testing my new overclock on my i7. Wish me luck mate!

Cheers!

txnetcop
May 24th, 2009, 02:14
Here's his story on FSX Mike. OC'd you can kick this little rascal eye candy on FSX up even higher.

http://sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=16689

Ted

harleyman
May 24th, 2009, 02:21
Hey Moe...That little box runs FSX at 35 locked all day long.. It actually will out preform my big rig that costs slightly over two grand..

Thanks Ted. Yes I have found an outside insurrer for shipping computers and have devised a double box method that will insure no dammage.The beauty is the weight..Its small and light..My big rig weighs 65 Lbs. I would be affraid to ship it ..

As Ted said the deal was the E5200 he had tested..Was I ever amazed at how well it preformed. Mine Is OCed to 3.4 now from 2.5 and it coupled with a 60 dollar VisionTec 3850 vid card FSX is simply awsome.

I have several folks in my area intrested in this little computer, for home business use / gaming too ! The Q6600 And / Or the Q9550 will also as Ted stated be a fantastic combo on this motherboard..

I needless to say am thrilled with my under 500 buck computer..

Great Job Robert..Is that not the coolest case for 28 bucks out there ? LOL

CodyValkyrie
May 24th, 2009, 02:24
Careful overclocking. I smoked an ASUS P6T-Deluxe board doing that... In my defense though, I have heard of quite a few people doing that on that exact board. She wasn't meant to be.

harleyman
May 24th, 2009, 02:34
Careful overclocking. I smoked an ASUS P6T-Deluxe board doing that... In my defense though, I have heard of quite a few people doing that on that exact board. She wasn't meant to be.

WOW...Not good...I am helping to OC one today for a fellow simmer...

I thought they would revert back to default if they failed to post..Or did you kill it by overvolting it ?

Best of luck with this OC..

CodyValkyrie
May 24th, 2009, 02:38
Not really sure Harley, which is the sad part. I was doing a menial overclock with minimal voltages on the P6T-Deluxe, and the SOB simply stopped posting. Luckily, I was able to RMA the item since it was in a 7 day window.

Regardless, I am much better off. I'm finding I really like the EVGA X-58 SLI board. A lot more parameters, and a BIOS that only a mother could love, but slowly and surely I have now acquired a nice 3.9GHz on all cores with loads at 70C. She is running like a kitty kat!

:ernae::applause::monkies::monkies:

hey_moe
May 24th, 2009, 02:46
I think as the MB's are being built they know that at some point the customer is going to OC some and I feel they allow for it, same with the processor and memory. Computer parts are cheap in this day and time.Moe has smoked plenty of MB's,processors and video cards....what else is there left to do anyway...Mike

mike_cyul
May 24th, 2009, 04:25
The Cave is looking better and better! Now you just have to pan over to the right a little, so we can see what's on your 'to do' board. :bump:

Mike

Jim Goldman
May 24th, 2009, 06:30
Robert:

The new system look great.... now let's finish the Thorp.

Best

Jim

limjack
May 24th, 2009, 06:51
Enjoy your new system:ernae:!!