PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Repaints for same Aircraft

jackedwardmorris95
May 23rd, 2009, 02:54
In CFS2 is it possible to get multiple repaints installed for the same aircraft, and you can select them in a drop down menu, or do you just have to copy the aircraft rename it and drop it in the aircraft folder with the repaint installed, or maybe just keep changing the repaint around inside the folder,

Jack

TARPSBird
May 23rd, 2009, 05:02
Jack,
You can have multiple repaints without duplicating the entire aircraft. First off, each paint job has to have a separate listing in the aircraft.cfg file, as shown below:

[fltsim.0]
title=F4F-4 Wildcat
sim=F4F4_Wildcat
model=
panel=
sound=
texture= (default texture, no name needed in this field)
KB_checklists=f4f4_wildcat_check

[fltsim.1] (additional repaints will be [fltsim.2], [fltsim.3], etc.)
title=F4F-4 Wildcat early '42
sim=F4F4_Wildcat
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=early42 (texture folder will be named texture.early42)
KB_checklists=f4f4_wildcat_check

You also have to have separate texture folders for each repaint with the full set of texture files in each. In the case of the F4F the basic default texture folder has no name other than texture. The texture folder for the repaint named "early '42" is named texture.early42. Hope that helps you get started, post again if any questions. :)

Shadow Wolf 07
May 23rd, 2009, 05:06
Yes, it is possible to have multiple skins in one aircraft folder. I have several - the 1% P-51 is an example. I don't have it on this computer so, I can't explain how to annotate the cfg/dp files to make both show as seperate aircraft. Though in this case the 1% P-51 still counts as 2 planes against my total.

edit: Ahh.... Tarpsbird did it while I was writing.

TARPSBird
May 23rd, 2009, 05:12
Jack, here's the contents of my F4F's aircraft folder to illustrate the separate texture folders for each repaint.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x212/milwaukeeroad/wildcat_files.jpg

dhasdell
May 23rd, 2009, 11:22
Yes - you can either have the aircraft installed separately for each paint scheme, or have it installed just once with the schemes added to the aircraft.cfg and accessed via a drop down, as in FS9. Either way each one counts toward the permitted total number of aircraft. If you use the drop down system, you'll have trouble if you try to use them in the mission builder.

bretnutz
May 24th, 2009, 00:38
I will have a Hanger...that is " off-Game "....where I have both the types.....Plane 1 with two skins...and Then Plane 1.1 and Plane 1.2 which is Plane 1 split into 2 planes.....then if I were to build a CFS2-1942 I can have painted that time period....and if I were to have CFS2- 1943. I can have painted that time period.

Tango_Romeo
May 24th, 2009, 06:17
While multiple-aircraft CFG files make possible the inclusion of several aircraft textures in the same folder and have them appear on the freeflight menu, using these aircraft in MB will eventually, if not instantly, cause CTD. The reason being that MB will not allow more than one aircraft at a time with the same DP. :kilroy:

Put several texture folders in the same aircraft folder with specific names attached and rename them as The 'texture' folder as needed. You can only use one at a time this way, but it is SAFE. :running:

Shadow Wolf 07
May 24th, 2009, 06:25
While multiple-aircraft CFG files make possible the inclusion of several aircraft textures in the same folder and have them appear on the freeflight menu, using these aircraft in MB will eventually, if not instantly, cause CTD. The reason being that MB will not allow more than one aircraft at a time with the same DP. :kilroy:

Put several texture folders in the same aircraft folder with specific names attached and rename them as The 'texture' folder as needed. You can only use one at a time this way, but it is SAFE. :running:

Good tip... I didn't know that.