PDA

View Full Version : YF-23 Black Widow is coming

Stickshaker
May 23rd, 2009, 01:04
http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/YF23/Index.htm

Gibbage
May 23rd, 2009, 01:36
The YF-23 is one of the COOLEST looking birds EVER!!! I was so sad when the YF-22 won.

JSpal
May 23rd, 2009, 04:28
I have high hopes for this one! The model looks great.

I also love the economic relief pricing. I will definitely be picking this up when it comes out.

jmig
May 23rd, 2009, 04:46
I plan on contributing to the cause. Looking forward to seeing it.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
May 23rd, 2009, 05:45
Black is beautiful...

http://www.estrie3d.com/images/yf23_15.jpg
http://www.estrie3d.com/images/yf23_16.jpg

VFR Reviews
May 23rd, 2009, 05:55
Absolutely AWESOME :D

SolarEagle
May 23rd, 2009, 07:37
Black is beautiful...

Black is a hard texture to do, but that looks to be about the best rendition of a black aircraft I've seen. Very cool.

Marlin
May 23rd, 2009, 12:47
wow:applause::icon29::applause:

Quixoticish
May 23rd, 2009, 14:41
Please tell me there will be a repaint kit, there are lots of fictional schemes I'd love to do for the YF-23.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
May 23rd, 2009, 14:46
Thats already done and will be released with the aircraft

djscoo
May 23rd, 2009, 18:28
I didn't see a release date...hopefully s++n:jump:

Quixoticish
May 24th, 2009, 00:57
Thats already done and will be released with the aircraft

:ernae:

hey_moe
May 24th, 2009, 02:10
Yeah buddy, now thats my kind of jet, count me in when she is released.....BTW, where my beta copy, I'll test her free:wavey:

Stickshaker
May 24th, 2009, 02:45
Hello Chuck,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
In the screenshots on your website the HUD looks good, with a working flight path marker. My question is: Will the HUD be stabilized like that of the Aerosoft F-16, in the sense that the symbology stays in the correct position relative to the outside world even if you move your head slightly?<o:p></o:p>
And I cannot help asking…… do you consider using the knowledge you gained with this plane to one day develop her competitor as well: the F-22 Raptor?<o:p></o:p>
I am very much looking forward to meeting this widow, and have dug up the material I have about her to re-read it.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
May 24th, 2009, 07:09
It’s probable , i have been passing the knowhow on to aircraft producers to have the reticules and HUD's do that , the FW190 from Mathias and Ronnie at Razbam recently received the Maxfiles and instructions in their use.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

My own plans were to go one step further and have the Horizon Indicator stay fixed on the horizon , for no other reason than it hasn’t been done yet (afaik) .
I had been troubleshooting a couple of upcoming releases during a visit to my place this week by another Montreal FS production house and within an hour i had solved a couple of long standing questions and so had some free time to look over the YF-23 and its systems, click on some keypad buttons and admire the flexible mesh animations on the rubber bits when he mentioned that the HUD didn’t follow the horizon , and that nobody has done that yet ... there is nothing more attractive than doing it first .. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Regarding the F-22 , Colin mentioned that it has been started and that’s my favourite production fighter so with any luck at all i will get the chance to complete that one as well , but there are a rather large number of aircraft in the hanger to be done first , and not all of them military.<o:p></o:p>

Stickshaker
May 24th, 2009, 09:47
Hello Chuck,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Thanks, this sounds very encouraging! By the way, VRS have a splendid stabilized HUD for their FS2004 F/A-18E Super Hornet also. Might be useful to know (if you did not already).<o:p></o:p>

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
May 24th, 2009, 19:39
I installed the stabilized HUD this evening , you were the second person to ask about that today and third this week so i figured i better get it done .

BananaBob
May 24th, 2009, 20:17
After studying the lines of this bird, I wish they would have chosen it too, looks just wicked! :medals::medals:

Bone
May 24th, 2009, 20:40
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Regarding the F-22 , Colin mentioned that it has been started and that’s my favourite production fighter so with any luck at all i will get the chance to complete that one as well , but there are a rather large number of aircraft in the hanger to be done first , and not all of them military.<o:p></o:p>

These cutting edge planes represent some awesome technology, and I'm chomping at the bit to acquire and fly the models...nice work! However, for nostalgia and a change of pace, howza'bout a Century series fighter, like say, the F-100 Super Sabre.

regards

krazycolin
May 25th, 2009, 05:38
You mean one of these?

this is a very, very early start.. and we don`t usually post these quite so early but... here ya go...

kc.

jmig
May 25th, 2009, 05:44
You mean one of these?

this is a very, very early start.. and we don`t usually post these quite so early but... here ya go...

kc.

OMGosh, I would love to own a F-100. :applause:

Bone
May 25th, 2009, 07:31
You mean one of these?

kc.

Ahhh, just look at that inlet. :monkies:

krazycolin
May 25th, 2009, 07:46
Jeez guys.... it was only started a week ago...

kc.

jmig
May 25th, 2009, 09:36

kc.

Ok, we will give you to the end of June. :mixedsmi:

Bone
May 25th, 2009, 10:01

Hahaha!:guinness:

Stickshaker
May 25th, 2009, 10:37
Excellent news Chuck, way to go!

krazycolin
May 25th, 2009, 11:11

and then?

:isadizzy:

Gibbage
May 25th, 2009, 14:50

kc.

A week ago? Pish. Whats takin so long! :jump::running:

jmig
May 26th, 2009, 05:02
and then?

:isadizzy:

then we start acting like the spoiled, impatient, whiny children....we sometimes can be.

:a1310:

Take your time. I look forward to purchasing and flying the bird. You can't have too much runway in front of you, altitude below you, or thrust.

I might add, badass fighter planes in my virtual hanger.