PDA

View Full Version : Default carrier for Xpack one

Donald Traill
May 23rd, 2009, 00:06
I remember reading about a way to switch the carrier that ships with original FSX and is located in places like Frisco and Washington State for the Acceleration one with arresting gear and catapults. (The carrier would stay in the same place though). I think I remember it is a matter of substituting the .bgl files, but for the life of me I cannot find that file for either carrier.

So can anyone help?

Donald Traill

Shylock
May 26th, 2009, 12:06
What you need to have is SDK installed. Then while in the game use the object placement tool and find the High Detailed carrier in the scenery section. Get where you want it and save it as a mission. Then use a tool from Abacus called scenery shortcut to make it into a scenery BGL. If you like I can place one for you and make it into scenery BGL for you. Just let me know the place you would like it to be.

Bone
May 26th, 2009, 18:24
Hey Shylock, while you're at it, can you tell me how you fixed something? When flying in close formation, the other guy's wing starts to disappear, and I seem to recall you mentioning there is a fix for that.

orionll
May 26th, 2009, 20:34
Ummm...

The Acceleration carrier (one with lights, wires and catapults) only works as AI, it cannot be placed as scenery. There is the high detail carrier as Shylock mentions, but there aren't lights, wires or catapults.

It would be neat if you could replace the old ones from FS9 with the newer high detail (static) one though :P.

Shylock
June 2nd, 2009, 12:11
Bone,

I am so sorry for the late posting here in regards to your question. A member that was on our team had came up with the wing issues and fixed it for us. His wishes were not to give them out to anybody and hes no longer on the team and we still honor his wishes. I will try and email to see if he still feels this way. I think he does to be honest. We are all about sharing the wealth, but sometimes people don't share those same ideas.

Bone
June 3rd, 2009, 17:47
No prob Shylock.

Shylock
June 11th, 2009, 11:29
Bones we are just trying to convince one or two more guys about releasing the wing fix to the public so I hope to have it to you by next week. I hope.