PDA

View Full Version : wings and wheels fly-in

cheezyflier
May 22nd, 2009, 20:38
today i went to a fly in called wings and wheels at cyzd here in toronto.
http://torontowingsandwheels.com/home.html
i really wanted to see the F-86 and the C-47 but they canceled due to mechanical problems. i did see a ton of cool stuff though, and took some pics. my camera isn't much (canon sd630) and i'm no photographer, but if you wanna see them, go here:
http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/tt235/sonofgumby/?start=all

i met a couple of cool guys who make photo scenery (freeware) of ontario. i look forward to checkin out their stuff.
flightontario.com

there were several simulators there, but nothing with motion, and most were about as good as some of the better ones you guys have here, only they were all fs9. i think my favs were the mig, the stinson, and the 59 caddy.

luckydog
May 22nd, 2009, 21:46
nice photos Cheezy !! :ernae:

OBIO
May 22nd, 2009, 23:05
Nice pics Cheezy...thanks for sharing. I "stole" most of them to add to my collection of aircraft images to use as wallpapers on my computer.

OBIO

mike_cyul
May 23rd, 2009, 02:32
Great pics - thanks. The Avro Arrow was not a small aircraft!

Mike

Moparmike
May 23rd, 2009, 02:45
Nice pix!

Glad to see ya snuck a shot of John McDougall's Lil Blue Wagon in there...had to add that to my A100 collection. Don't find pix of that one very often down here.

Cazzie
May 23rd, 2009, 05:51
Thanks for sharing those Cheezy, great pix.

Caz

cheezyflier
May 23rd, 2009, 12:06
Nice pix!

Glad to see ya snuck a shot of John McDougall's Lil Blue Wagon in there...had to add that to my A100 collection. Don't find pix of that one very often down here.

when i was a kid, there was a red one that ran at cecil county dragway, i think it was called "little red wrecker". it used to do the same 1/4 mile wheelie routine that hemi underglass (remember that one?) used to do.

Moparmike
May 24th, 2009, 02:37
That would've been Bill Golden's Little Red Wagon. The LRW against Bob Riggle's Hemi Under Glass was one of the most popular wheelstander matchups. Those two are probably the most remembered wheelstanders, but there were a bunch of em...that Little Blue Wagon was one of em that's seldom remembered.

cheezyflier
May 24th, 2009, 06:23
That would've been Bill Golden's Little Red Wagon. The LRW against Bob Riggle's Hemi Under Glass was one of the most popular wheelstander matchups. Those two are probably the most remembered wheelstanders, but there were a bunch of em...that Little Blue Wagon was one of em that's seldom remembered.

i remember being a kid, and cheering hemi under glass on the tv. in my little kid mind that was the coolest car on the planet. part of me refuses to breath when i watch the old videos of it :icon_lol:

hAZJb329YIA