PDA

View Full Version : Teen saves iPod, gets hit by truck

hey_moe
May 22nd, 2009, 13:21
One should always admire those with a hearty sense of priorities.
So I know you will all feel a tinge of soulful embrace towards a 16-year-old Tampa girl who was faced with a very difficult decision.
She was reportedly walking across the road and, calamity, dropped her iPod (http://www.cnet.com/ipod/), according to an Associated Press story on WESH.com (http://www.wesh.com/news/19502838/detail.html)
Having reached the other side, she had but a moment to consider her next move. Should she let the downloaded Miley, Kylie, and for all I know, Pete Wylie get crushed beneath the wheels of a pickup truck?
Or should she herself risk getting crushed by a pickup truck in order to save her irreplaceable little white machine?
This was a no-brainer.
The unnamed 16-year-old is recovering from what may or may not be a broken leg, the story said.
News of the condition of the iPod has not been released. But one can only hope that its remarkable innards have not been affected by this traumatic experience.

Dangerousdave26
May 22nd, 2009, 13:28
Give me my IPOD or give me Death!

Patrick Henry March 23, 1775

{honestly he may not have said it like that, it might have been something else more important but it was close} :icon_lol:

TARPSBird
May 22nd, 2009, 14:04
Teen-agers do stupid stuff, it comes with the age group. :d At least she didn't decide to take a nap on the railroad tracks...
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=100875845

Wittpilot
May 22nd, 2009, 14:08
An iPod no...........
my iPhone............How big 'ova truck we talkin here???

Panther, Lionheart????? back me up on this one....

-witt

Lazerbrainz2k3
May 22nd, 2009, 14:25
An iPod no...........
my iPhone............How big 'ova truck we talkin here???

Panther, Lionheart????? back me up on this one....

-witt

LOL. Yeah.

For my iPhone, my baby, it's worth it.

Lionheart
May 22nd, 2009, 15:09
Man.. Difficult call. See, the new iPhone is coming out in 8 days, so if you have insurance on the iPhone/iPod (as well as health insurance)... then, you might (might) consider the possibilities of moving up via letting the pickup win.

I do not have health insurance so that would have to be calculated in that 1 second decision moment also...

Indeed a difficult call...

I am kidding of course.. Think straight and live. Dont get dead.

Some people have 60 gigs of music on their iPods. If they purchased all of that and only online (iTunes) and its all in there, then they are losing a large 'cost' of music. I have heard some people have 2 thousand dollars on theirs. So I can see someone doing that. Same with a woman dropping a valuable engagement ring with a big rock on it, (piece of ice, that sparkly thing that makes women go quiet and their pupils dialate). Will she go for the ring and battle the truck to save it?

Bill

Panther_99FS
May 22nd, 2009, 15:52
:monkies:

Lazerbrainz2k3
May 22nd, 2009, 16:02
Same with a woman dropping a valuable engagement ring with a big rock on it, (piece of ice, that sparkly thing that makes women go quiet and their pupis dialate). Will she go for the ring and battle the truck to save it?

Bah! No comparison. The sparkly thing tends to be a lot less robust than an iPhone is, as well as a lot less useful (something I must remember to have deleted before I ever get married, lest I have to deal with THAT for the rest of my life). :icon_lol:

Chacha
May 22nd, 2009, 23:20
Man.. Difficult call. See, the new iPhone is coming out in 8 days, so if you have insurance on the iPhone/iPod (as well as health insurance)... then, you might (might) consider the possibilities of moving up via letting the pickup win.

Bill

There is no insurance on iPhone!, Bill. That's why I have mine wrapped around my arm, like a wrist watch...LOL. and at night I have it rested on a pink heart pillow, My pictures won't upload, sorry! I treat my iPhone like my baby, i carry a little rag to wipe the touch screen, every now and then, (i use the touch screen as a mirror as well). And I have engraved my name "in" it.

You can buy iPod/iPhone but cant buy your life back, don't gamble your life/death, just to save earthly treasures....

Remember: Matthew 6:19-21 (King James Version)

19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Eli :running: :running: