PDA

View Full Version : ETO and FPS

Wildfowler
October 16th, 2008, 00:44
Does anyone else notice a big FPS hit with ETO? I am having to run everything on 2 except aircraft which are on five and clouds right down.

Pat Pattle
October 16th, 2008, 00:57
In your assets folder is a texture caled scenery_Sheet01.dds (or something very similar). There's a low-res version of it there too, try swapping them over (take out the existing one then rename the low res version and put it in its place).

This should give you a marked improvement.

Also, are you running FS autostart, or similar background-service stopping programme? That will also help a great deal.

My pc is pretty low spec and I can run free-flight with the sliders maxed out. 2.8 ghz pentium 768mb ram, 6800gt 256mb vid card.

Pat :)

Gizmokev
October 16th, 2008, 01:01
Also, are you running FS autostart, or similar background-service stopping programme? That will also help a great deal.

???? Confusius say what???

My pc is pretty low spec and I can run free-flight with the sliders maxed out. 2.8 ghz pentium 768mb ram, 6800gt 256mb vid card.

Well if that is low spec that makes mine even lower.....ouch.

1.8 Ghz P4 processor 1Gb RAM 128MB FX5200 NVidea Graphics Card

Pat Pattle
October 16th, 2008, 03:25
FS autostart -

http://kensalter.com/downloads/

a brilliant litte proggy which will shut down all those unneccessary services running in the background on your PC.

It takes about 10 mins to set up - you have to manually go through a list of services and tell it what to stop, but fear not as it tells you if they can be stopped or not.

Using it will give you better fps.

(btw if you have shockwaves BoBII it comes with a similar proggy in one of the updates)

1.8 Ghz P4 processor 1Gb RAM 128MB FX5200 NVidea Graphics Card

That's what I had until I upgraded last year (bought a recon from Ebay for about £100) it should still run cfs3 on med settings with a few tweaks.

BeauBrummie
October 16th, 2008, 06:10
I used the low res texture scenery_Sheet01.dds and that helped. I'll give Pat's proggie a whirl though