PDA

View Full Version : Yago - thanks for the goose..

gajit
May 22nd, 2009, 08:44
.. repaint - excellent :ernae:

yago9
May 22nd, 2009, 10:27
Thank you..It,s too bad MS decided to use same piece of texture for both wings..Any markings or writtings are shown in reverse on one side..Very dumb decision on very well made model.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/yago9/PC.jpg

warchild
May 22nd, 2009, 10:38
And i just submitted a new FDE revision to Butch and the gang at OzX last night. It's gotten so detailed and tight that what i need now is the original engineering design equations. So when this thing is finally done, your gonna have a good plane to put those paints on.. I'll put my entire reputation or what there is of it, on the line behind that..
Pam

3/7charlie
May 24th, 2009, 10:02
Oh, yes. Isn't she lovely! I used to maintain CF-HUZ and CF-IOL back in the Mac-Blo flight ops days, before Pacific coastal bought the aircraft. Immaculate airplanes, Each received a total tear-down and rebuild every 2 years, just because. I shuddder to think what they look like now. Ah,them was the days...
3/7charlie

BananaBob
May 24th, 2009, 19:16
Yep, I wanted to do some skins for default aircraft but they cut way too many corners to do a proper skin, sad really.

hobofat
May 24th, 2009, 20:56
And i just submitted a new FDE revision to Butch and the gang at OzX last night. It's gotten so detailed and tight that what i need now is the original engineering design equations. So when this thing is finally done, your gonna have a good plane to put those paints on.. I'll put my entire reputation or what there is of it, on the line behind that..
Pam

I'm sure it's going to be just fantastic! There are very few birds I've been as excited at getting my hands on as the OzX revamp of the Goose. Waiting with baited breath :running:

And Yago, the paint looks fantastic!

yago9
May 24th, 2009, 23:16
Thx guys, but it,s not fantastic..it,s ok..I wanted to help the model a bit since all the default ones are blurry for some reason.At least this one it,s not...Someone pointed out privately to me that it was a mistake doing a coast guard livery on a model with retractable floats.Microsoft made the same mistake with the Air Force livery but i bet he never e-mailed them to complain. Anyway I want to thank him for his vigilance and apologise for the distress I,ve caused him . I would like to promise him it wont happend again.I got upset at first but then I,ve realised he,s right .My bad..Only the correct version from now,it makes sense cause this thing upsets people more than I thought .I must recon I was pretty good at that.

bushpilot
May 24th, 2009, 23:27
Someone pointed out privately to me that it was a mistake doing a coast guard livery on a model with retractable floats.Microsoft made the same mistake with the Air Force livery but i bet he never e-mailed them to complain. Anyway I want to thank him for his vigilance and apologise for the distress I,ve caused him with that. I would like to promise him it wont happend again.My bad.Only the correct version from now,it makes sense.

Haha! Too funny:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:.

Default Goose is a plane with huge potential. I have great hopes for the OZx-crew to make it flyable:jump:

BananaBob
May 24th, 2009, 23:34
Thx, but it,s not fantastic..it,s ok..I wanted to help the model a bit since all the default ones are blurry for some reason.At least this one it,s not...Someone pointed out privately to me that it was a mistake doing a coast guard livery on a model with retractable floats.Microsoft made the same mistake with the Air Force livery but i bet he never e-mailed them to complain. Anyway I want to thank him for his vigilance and apologise for the distress I,ve caused him with that. I would like to promise him it wont happend again.I got upset at first but then I,ve realised he,s right .My bad..Only the correct version from now,it makes sense cause this thing upsets people more than I thought .

Well, at least it sounds like you were quite the gentleman about it, LOL! :ernae: You're avatar, LOL, someone needs to roll him back into the ocean.

yago9
May 24th, 2009, 23:54
:ernae: You're avatar, LOL, someone needs to roll him back into the ocean.[/QUOTE]

Yea..LOL ..I had to photoshop the private parts exposed, but the people at the beach that day, were not that lucky..

BananaBob
May 25th, 2009, 00:00
:ernae: You're avatar, LOL, someone needs to roll him back into the ocean.

Yea..LOL ..I had to photoshop the private parts exposed, but the people at the beach that day, were not that lucky..[/QUOTE]

Thank God for your editing skills then, LOL :applause:

JoeW
May 25th, 2009, 02:08
Where can this beauty be found?

Kowalski65
May 25th, 2009, 04:15
Are we talking the repaint or the Avatar? :jump:

BananaBob
May 25th, 2009, 04:33

If Yago gave me a goose, I'd get him for sexual harassment, LOL :173go1:

papab
May 25th, 2009, 05:35
.. repaint - excellent :ernae:
Where is this repaint located?

JoeW
May 25th, 2009, 07:23

The repaint ........!
The repaint...... !
The repaint ....!
Any repaint of the Default Goose

yago9
May 25th, 2009, 09:31
US Coast Guard it,s in the library here at SOH..Pacific Coastal it,s not uploaded yet because of this problem..double registration..I can,t remove the US registration..If anybody knows how pls tell me .
..or I can remove the canadian one and wait for the complains to poor in..

dexthom
May 25th, 2009, 10:35
Perhaps you could paint over the US registration.

Tim-HH
May 25th, 2009, 11:12
Hi Yago,

I guess the easiest way to remove the registration is to delete the reg from the 'atc_id' line in the aircraft.cfg:

[fltsim.4]
title=Grumman Goose G21A paint5
sim=Grumman_Goose_G21A
model=""
panel=""
sound=""
texture=5
kb_checklists=GrummanGooseG21A_check
kb_reference=GrummanGooseG21A_ref
atc_id=
ui_manufacturer=Grumman
ui_type=Goose G21A

The paint looks really good! :applause:

Greetings
Tim

JoeW
May 25th, 2009, 11:18
Try unchecking the "Show tail number" in the aircraft selection.:applause:

rdyoung
May 25th, 2009, 11:47
Another clean way to remove the registration that is displayed based on the ATC_ID entry is to insert a line like this after the ATC_ID line:

atc_id_enable=0

This has the advantage that the user needs to do nothing beyond editing the Aircraft.cfg file and the ATC_ID line remains intact for other purposes like ID display in the cockpit.

This should work for any of the default aircraft.

Rick

yago9
May 25th, 2009, 15:31
Wow..that,s a neat FSX feature.Thank you..
I,ll upload now.

dougal
May 25th, 2009, 16:20
Hi Guys
This looks amazing, but I can see no sign of this being a future release over there. Are you getting inside information, or am I missing it somewhere?

dexthom
May 25th, 2009, 16:33
http://bizsolutionsunlimited.com/papa/Goose.jpg

Here's one that was on AVSIM some time ago... (http://bizsolutionsunlimited.com/papa/goose.jpg)

yago9
May 25th, 2009, 17:38
Here's one that was on AVSIM some time ago... (http://bizsolutionsunlimited.com/papa/goose.jpg)

That,s a very good looking one!Who made it ? Maybe we can find it somewhere else...I hope AVSIM recovers soon!

dexthom
May 26th, 2009, 05:01
There is one for FS2004 on Flight Sim for Mike Stone's Goose

gajit
May 27th, 2009, 09:24
I Just love this CG one