PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft Sound System for DHC-6 Twin Otter

Epsillon
May 21st, 2009, 12:53
<TABLE class=text_end_small cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=text_body vAlign=top align=left colSpan=2>We just uploaded Aerosoft Sound Control (ASC) for the Aerosoft Twin Otter X to the FAQs Updates section of the site. When you want this free update just log on to the FAQs Updates section and select DHC-6 Twin Otter X as the product you want to see updates for. ASC (we were planning to call it Aerosoft Sound System for a short while until somebody used his brains) is a special module that enhances the sounds of FSX. It looks for 'events' in fsx and plays a sound when the event is detected. For example hitting a light switch is normally a silent event in FSX but with ASC you will hear a nice little click. When the wind shield wiper are in operation you will hear those as well. In fact nearly any animation could have a special sound. It will greatly enhance the realism and feedback of the aircraft, sound is one of the most important aspects of any simulation. Below the readme of this small addition.

AEROSOFT SOUND CONTROLS FOR THE AEROSOFT DHC-6 Twin Otter

COPYRIGHTS
All the files in this package are copyrighted by Aerosoft and will only work with the Aerosoft DHC-6 Twin Otter and not with any other file. Sounds and configuration files are made by Mathijs Kok and Finn Jacobsen.

INSTALLING
Unpack this file to the main FSX directory (the directory where FSX.exe resides). You will be asked if existing files can be overwritten. If you are asked that, do confirm, if you are NOT asked that you probably are not unpacking to the correct directory. Please note that the update for the models that come with the Mission pack are also installed. if you do not have this installed, just ignore these folders. they will do nothing in FSX.You will find this short document in the FSXMainFolderAerosoftDHC2 Beaver folder.

FIRST LOADING OF THE AIRCRAFT
After installing the Sound Controls update you might be asked if you want to load the module when you load the aircraft, this only happens the first time when you accept it and click [yes] on the next question about making it ‘Trusted’ software.

USE
There is nothing you need to do different. Just listen to the new sounds that are now attached to almost any switch and for example to the wind shield wipers. You will appreciate the added realism and the audio feedback of operating the aircraft. There should be no noticeable effects on the framerate in any way and the memory load of the aircraft will only increase with a few hundred Kb.

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=2>Links: [FAQ's/Updates] (http://aerosoft-shop.com/support.php?language=en)[Forum message about this] (http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=25801)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Enjoy! ;)

Stephan

EgoR64
May 21st, 2009, 17:16
:applause::ernae: Excellent, Enjoy the added cockpit sounds !!

Thx & Many Cheers !!

Dexdoggy
May 21st, 2009, 17:23
Great stuff, along the lines of the Cat I'm guessing!

StickMan
May 21st, 2009, 17:45
This is a good little enhancement to the Otter, can't wait for more. Hope the Beaver is next.

Roger
May 21st, 2009, 20:00
Thanks for the hu Stephan:applause: I've got it and will test it tomorrow as I'm up far too late tonight to do anything sensible:bump:

foreigndevil
May 21st, 2009, 22:32
Thanks for the HU!

Killbilly
May 22nd, 2009, 05:15
Way to go Aerosoft! My most-used plane just got even better! :applause:

As a customer, I am impressed by the way Aerosoft goes above and beyond in supporting their products. It's things like this that let me always let me buy their stuff with confidence.

doublecool
May 22nd, 2009, 14:27
followed direction and new sounds are in place...very nice:applause:

A question and a observation--- it also add all models under the simobjects folder with a panel file with a lamp gauge in it. ? I didn't read anything about that, did that happen to every one else? I mess this up I bet :173go1:

ryanbatc
May 22nd, 2009, 16:08
Hmm I'll have to take a look

Hey StickMan - are you able to run very dense autogen in big cities with payware addons with your rig? I'm curious because I havent seen many users with 4.0Ghz+ on their CPUs

Roger
May 22nd, 2009, 16:20
Been a while...great plane with new sounds.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/twotter-s1.jpg

StickMan
May 22nd, 2009, 18:14
Hmm I'll have to take a look

Hey StickMan - are you able to run very dense autogen in big cities with payware addons with your rig? I'm curious because I havent seen many users with 4.0Ghz+ on their CPUs

Hey ryanbatc, I run Autogen setting Very Dense and also scenery complexity. In London Hethrow with London VFR from Aerosoft in my Flight1 767 I get 18 to 25 fps (on approach/taxi). To the point were it almost boarded-line slide shows sometime (or far away tectures loading). If you take away the more complex add-on aircraft then FPS goes up a lot since CPU is not running FMC/FMS caluctlations so then in a Cessna 172N Skyhawk in London I can get 25-30 FPS. Also I run DX10 so a few threads are taken from CPU to GPU. A few other things I turn down is Weather from Ultra high to high, road, ship, bpat traffic is at 10% from 20%. Also Airport vehicel density is on Meduim so save FPS as well as water only running High 2.x not full.

What helps most is not running alot of processes on the CPU, Also if using Vista the services in "service.msc" and clear the major ones not needed that eat RAM and even addd some small CPU threads. My Vista boots with with 30 process and 850MB RAM before 45 processes and 1.3GB RAM. So having a clean healty OS and HDD.

Any othe question just ask.