PDA

View Full Version : ETO Vista Users How to Install

rbp71854
September 27th, 2008, 16:45
Vista users please take note when installing CFS3 ETO Expansion Install make sure to set "run as administrator".

wsmwsm
September 27th, 2008, 17:11
I uninstalled, reinstalled (as administrator) and ran it both ways. Still I get only Attack in the West.

Note also that when I ran as administrator (right clicking, then choosing "run as administrator"), the era options didn't even exist. Instead I got the press any key button which started the game with Attack in the West. When double left clicking, after the popup that permits the game to run as admisistrator ("allowed"), I got the five eras, but no matter the choice, when the game started, it was No. 1.

rbp71854
September 28th, 2008, 04:05
I am at the point of not knowing what to try next. Perhaps a heavy user of Vista can way in. I just don't know what the diference is between my Vista install and yours and what's causing yours not to work. One more thought I have my "user account control" turned off. I don't know if that has any bearing on it.

Edit: I have another thing you can try. Go to Windows Explorer right click on each of the 3 era swapper batch files and select properties and set them to compatability to win xp.

I uninstalled, reinstalled (as administrator) and ran it both ways. Still I get only Attack in the West.

Note also that when I ran as administrator (right clicking, then choosing "run as administrator"), the era options didn't even exist. Instead I got the press any key button which started the game with Attack in the West. When double left clicking, after the popup that permits the game to run as admisistrator ("allowed"), I got the five eras, but no matter the choice, when the game started, it was No. 1.

wsmwsm
September 28th, 2008, 05:15
It's the UAC control. With it off, the era swapper works.

Are there downsides to keeping it off?

rbp71854
September 28th, 2008, 05:23
It's the UAC control. With it off, the era swapper works.

Are there downsides to keeping it off?

W

I would say to be on the safe side turn it off when you want to run the eto. When surfing on the web leave it on.

Glad that my next to last straw that I was grasping for did the trick.:):jump:

estepp
September 28th, 2008, 06:00
I turned off the uac and my era swapper works. Thank you for the help. I am going to find out if the uac was causing all my problems with pto.