PDA

View Full Version : The phillies win the pennant!

Lazerbrainz2k3
October 15th, 2008, 20:39
The Phillies win the pennant!

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo...

hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo!!!

Bring it on, Tampa Bay!

Felixthreeone
October 15th, 2008, 20:45
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!! GO PHILS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::ernae::applause::ernae::ernae::applause :

Lazerbrainz2k3
October 15th, 2008, 20:50
It is getting NUTS in Philly right now. Hopefully not too many cars get torched (geeze, I can only imagine if they win it all. The Pennsylvania National Guard won't be able to tame us Philly fans)

If only I didn't need to work tomorrow (well, today...)!

Cazzie
October 16th, 2008, 04:00
All I know is dey beat dem Bums and dey are my team in the series. :ernae:

Boston's got three more games to play. Y'all know they don't play until down 3 games to something. Ask the Yankees and Indians. :d

Caz

Moses03
October 16th, 2008, 04:52
Cole Hamels could run for mayor in Philly about now. :d

Lazerbrainz2k3
October 16th, 2008, 14:17
Cole? Perhaps. I'd prefer Shane Victorino, though, just to annoy L.A. by hoisting their "villian" on our shoulders.

EgoR64
October 16th, 2008, 15:42
:wavey:

Is very nice, What a fun team to watch, I split season tickets with 4 other co-workers and we had the opp to buy playoff tickets and did not !! :banghead:

Oh well, watching them on TV is just as fun !!

Many Cheers & I be Watching them Come Wednesday !! :ernae::ernae:

b24_witchcraft
October 16th, 2008, 20:22
Congrats to the Phillies!! Tampa Bay or the Red Sox won'tl be seeing Manny and the Dodgers now.
It isn't over as far as the Red Sox are concerned. One still to go for Tampa / two games for the Red Sox in Tampa now.
Red Sox win 8-7 final against Tampa (Thurs) tonight. Great ending IMHO.

Lazerbrainz2k3
October 16th, 2008, 20:35
It was a nice ending, but I don't see the Sox pulling through for two more games in enemy territory.

The good news for the Phillies: the longer the Sox and Rays play on the less time they have between winning the series and starting the World Series, while the Phils get to relax and practice and make sure everyone is healthy and ready to go. There's something to be said for the idea that more time off makes you rusty, but I think the Phils will be okay. Best situation for them: the Rays win a nailbiter like tonight in game 7. Phsychologically that denies the Sox the confidence of winning a streak and boots them out, but leaves the Rays tired and probably feeling like they just squeaked by the Sox only to face the Phils who won in five and are rested and ready to roll.

b24_witchcraft
October 16th, 2008, 20:43
I have to agree with you on what you're saying Lazerbrain. The next ALCS game or two should prove interesting.
At least the Red Sox didn't end this series losing at Fenway.