PDA

View Full Version : Peculiar scenery issue

teeboy
May 21st, 2009, 02:37
Hi all,

I've got some WW2 airfields installed from FCS and have noticed that around the trees on the model there is a 'background'. It follows the ground textures but not that on buildings. This gives all the trees a green/blue square around them that overlays any building behind the tree.

I've got the same scenery on my FS9 and it doesn't have this effect. Is this because its an old FS9 model that hasn't been modified to run in FSX, and if so can the scenery be changed to fix this?

Not been into FS for long and I'm getting interested in playing with it.

Nick.

jimjones
May 21st, 2009, 03:06
You describe a typical problem with fs9 scenery running in fsx. If you can remove the trees in the scenery folder you can get rid of the problem. But then you would have to add your own trees or do without.

teeboy
May 21st, 2009, 06:33
Aah. Guess I'll have a go at adding some of my own with one of the free utilities. I've heard that the object placer in the FSX SDK isn't very user friendly.

Thanks jimjones.

Mickey D
May 21st, 2009, 07:20
Hi teeboy

When I created the the FSX scenery for FCS Hurricane I had a choice re.the trees.

1. Use the MakeMdl seasonal rotate to user FPS friendly trees with the transparency anomoly or

2. Place FSX default trees but with no seasonal variance.

I opted for the former. If I remember they are in their own bgl and can be removed. Using Instant Scenery or any other FSX placement prog you can then the the default FSX trees. Don't over do it though. :)

spotlope
May 21st, 2009, 13:08
Hey Mickey, we've got a third option for you coming soon... more of a hybrid of the two. It's in testing, so stand by. :jump:

Mickey D
May 22nd, 2009, 04:30
Hey Mickey, we've got a third option for you coming soon... more of a hybrid of the two. It's in testing, so stand by. :jump:

I can hardly contain myself Bill. :jump: