PDA

View Full Version : Fieseler Fi 156 Storch

icarus
May 20th, 2009, 23:26
Fieseler Fi 156 Storch we started today fsx native sdk version, who like it?

http://www.airbum.com/pireps/PirepStorchFence.jpg

http://www.airbum.com/pireps/PirepStorch.html

Francois
May 20th, 2009, 23:31
I love it !!! Good choice ! :applause:

grunau_baby
May 20th, 2009, 23:36
:applause:WOW, your choice of aircraft is most excellent!!! Can´t wait for this one!

Alex

Whitehawk
May 20th, 2009, 23:54
Now that's something I've been wishing for in FSX!

icarus
May 21st, 2009, 00:09
so seems was a good idea....then i will make also the gunner version.

HenryW
May 21st, 2009, 00:11
Yes, count me in, AND the Duck, please:jump:

icarus
May 21st, 2009, 00:12
yes of course the duck is on the way.

JoeW
May 21st, 2009, 00:24
I really liked Piglets version of this for FS9. Yes ............ Yes... Yes..

stiz
May 21st, 2009, 00:24
so seems was a good idea....then i will make also the gunner version.

deffinitly!! been wanting this little oddball since Piglet did his FS9 one years ago :applause: :applause: :applause:

icarus
May 21st, 2009, 00:39
an original way to check storch's engine

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/2/8/4/1070482.jpg

robcap
May 21st, 2009, 00:46
Yep interesting! Good choice.

R.

Roger
May 21st, 2009, 01:36
Great choice:applause:

Mithrin
May 21st, 2009, 01:40
Cool plane, good for low and slow!

huub vink
May 21st, 2009, 02:21
Definitely a great choice. The Storch has been used through-out the war and has seen every theatre of war the Germans and Italians were involved in.

Looking forward to this one!

Huub

RyanJames170
May 21st, 2009, 03:12
a storch sounds sweet
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Marvin Carter
May 21st, 2009, 05:02
You have made me the Happiest person here, it is my most favorite plane.
Great choice
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/Marvin-56/20080524_347.jpg
Marvin Carter

Henry
May 21st, 2009, 05:33
Yup i concur with that also :applause::applause::applause:
H

6297J
May 21st, 2009, 05:39
This could be my first Icarus purchase :ernae:

icarus
May 21st, 2009, 05:40
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr198/icarusgold/20080524_347.jpg

i have on my references all infos about this...but just because i am busy with new skins of the dragon and can't open more programs...the two level at left and right of the center panel what are used for? i don't remember now and the part written is not so visible.

Matt Wynn
May 21st, 2009, 05:42
left side looks like flaps the way its marked and locks in 4 positions, the right i'm not sure of.....

icarus
May 21st, 2009, 05:45
infact the right is my doubt.

icarus
May 21st, 2009, 05:45
perhaps fuel selector? i see on L 0 AND R ...left - right

Antoninus
May 21st, 2009, 06:02
Great choice indeed. I love the Fi-156.

If I read it correctly the label above the lever seems to say "tankschaltung", so indeed the fuel tank selection.

Marvin Carter
May 21st, 2009, 06:28
The one on the left is the fuel tank selector, the one on the right is the Valve accumulator adjustment lever.
Marvin Carter

icarus
May 21st, 2009, 06:35
ok thanks marvin

yago9
May 21st, 2009, 08:27
Excellent choice.

icarus
May 21st, 2009, 22:14
there will be a particular attention to storch's vc...and on flight dynamics...this can take some time to release but it deserves(it could have short landing and take off)

after more skins for the dragon that should be out this week end we will release grumman duck

lucas81
May 22nd, 2009, 00:25
The lever on the left is a fuel selector, the one on the right is called "Ventilbatteriehebel" in German. I hope that Alex, Tim or Bjoern can help here.
Flaps are manually retracted, look on the chain and handle on the left side of the cockpit.

HenryW
May 22nd, 2009, 00:47
we will release grumman duck

Will you please release with this paint? :jump:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/Wyrneh/Ars/j2f5me5.jpg

icarus
May 22nd, 2009, 01:34
oh yes i liked it a lot..i missed this...thanks...will be done for sure

icarus
May 22nd, 2009, 01:35
The lever on the left is a fuel selector, the one on the right is called "Ventilbatteriehebel" in German. I hope that Alex, Tim or Bjoern can help here.
Flaps are manually retracted, look on the chain and handle on the left side of the cockpit.

ok thanks for those infos...i am adding all to our notes, will be added when we start virtual cockpit.

huub vink
May 22nd, 2009, 02:22
According to the Storch manual the left lever is the "Raste für Brandhahnschaltung" and the lever on the rights site should be the "Raste für Ventilbatterieschaltung".

Something more about the Brandhahnschaltung:
"Bemerkung: Dieser Hebel diente zur Schaltung der Filter-Brandhahn-Armatur. Er hatte die Stellungen „Zu“, „P1“, „P2“, „P1+P2“. Im Gerätebrett war eigentlich nur das Rastenblech eingebaut; der Hebel selbst war am Rumpfgestänge gelagert. Die einzelnen Rastenstellungen waren mit „BrH zu“ in rot, „P1“, „P2“, „P1+P2“ in gelb beschriftet; der Hebelknauf war aus rotbraunem Kunststoff namens „Trolon"."

and something more about the Ventilbatterieschaltung:
"Bemerkung: Mit diesem Hebel wurde zwischen den beiden Kraftstoff- Ventilbatterien umgeschaltet. Im Gerätebrett war eigentlich nur das Rastenblech eingebaut; der Hebel selbst war am rechten Rumpfgestänge gelagert. Die beiden Rastenstellungen waren mit „R“ und „L“ in gelb beschriftet; ferner war der Hebelknauf gelb gestrichen."

I guess the left switch was to switch a between different settings on the carburettor and the knob was made from red plastic. The switch on the left was most probably the fuel tank selector to switch between the left and right tank.
But I'm afraid my technical German is not good enough to give a proper translation. But perhaps some of our German members can do a proper translation.

BTW the French Stochs didn't have these levers!

Cheers,
Huub

Lionheart
May 22nd, 2009, 04:16
I too am a Storch lover.

Great plane.

There are some superb YouTube movies on this plane. Search through YouTube and you will find them.

There is one where the Storch is at an airshow before the war. It appears in the air to almost be hovering, and the pilot uses full rudder in both directions and appears to be driving slowly through the sky turning back and fourth. He then comes down for a very slow, soft landing.

The landing gear is quite amazing. The plane can almost drop out of the sky onto the gear and with no issues or damage, as the landing gear will collapse some huge amount of distance. If you watch one land hard, you'll see the landing gear collapse a good distance and spring back a bit.

Amazing plane!

Bill

icarus
May 22nd, 2009, 04:36
The plane can almost drop out of the sky onto the gear and with no issues or damage

this actually i know how reproduce with the aircraft.cfg

much less but also at the lysander have seen make amazing landing.

lucas81
May 22nd, 2009, 04:55
The Storch was built for the "Challenge 1936" tournament which did not finally take place. This tournaments were very popular competitions in Europe and were organised in France, Germany and Poland.
Storch was inspired by the Polish RWD-9, the winner of the "Challenge 1934", which had minimal speed of 54 km/h, top speed of 280 km/h and had very advanced wing with auto-slats, auto flaps, flaperons and interceptors.
The "Challenge" consisted of series of competitions like: round flight (mostly around the whole Europe), technical tests, shortest landing, shortest start on the gate, shortest wing folding, and more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_1934

Lucas

SpaceWeevil
May 22nd, 2009, 06:48
Great choice Icarus. if you can speak German, this might help..

http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/Flugzeuge/Transporter/Fi156/Cockpit/FI156/Hauptbeschr.htm

Roger
May 22nd, 2009, 07:14
Great choice Icarus. if you can speak German, this might help..

http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/Flugzeuge/Transporter/Fi156/Cockpit/FI156/Hauptbeschr.htm

That's just what a modeler needs!:icon29: I'm sure if Icarus can't read German, one of our German speakers will translate.

icarus
May 22nd, 2009, 07:46
yes i was aware of that link...i had the pack since two months for all future german aircraft. thanks anyway...or a german or google translator...but it's better a human.

scotsman
May 22nd, 2009, 09:17
Just ask a German - what do you want to know exactly?
The Storch would make me also buy my first Icarus bird, so I would be pleased to offer my help if it accelerates manufacturing.

Mike

Marvin Carter
May 22nd, 2009, 10:06
This is what I have.
Marvin Carter

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/Marvin-56/DSC00792.jpg
The Valve accumlator ajustment lever I think ajust flow to engine from fuel accuumlator tank under the panel,left and right wing tanks flow in to it thin to engine, kinda like a regulator.

icarus
May 22nd, 2009, 10:39
This is what I have.
Marvin Carter

that is very helpfull thanksss

Marvin Carter
May 24th, 2009, 19:46
Just seing if this works?
Marvin Carter
http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/luc_colin3/fi_156_d-eawd/
http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=listbysectype&sectype=50

icarus
May 24th, 2009, 21:27
links saved, thanks again

BananaBob
May 24th, 2009, 22:51
I've always love the Storch too, it's who brought me into this world, that's what momma said anyway, LOL. Looking forward to this Icarus! :ernae:

Cazzie
May 25th, 2009, 02:24
I've always love the Storch too, it's who brought me into this world, that's what momma said anyway, LOL. Looking forward to this Icarus! :ernae:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Did the Storch drop you down the chimney like it did me? :pop4:

That's great Icarus, a proper subject most welcome in FSX. I was so hoping Piglet would get around to doing his FSX native, I so love to fly it in FS9. First airplane I ever landed on a carrier, but that was CFS2. :icon_lol:

Caz

icarus
May 25th, 2009, 03:09
hope to finish it for middle/ end of july

Marvin Carter
May 25th, 2009, 05:50
I have been flying it sence CFS two also. it is great for low and slow,I'll keep posting stuff for her if you don,t mind Icarus.
Marvin Carter

icarus
July 5th, 2009, 10:36
while working on the grumman duck i have also receive a beta version of the storch first era with ski rear wheel(there will be also the normal version with a normal wheel)....i will upload some screenshots this week.

SIAI S81
April 11th, 2010, 11:54
I've found samething interesting for you

http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/Flugzeuge/Transporter/Fi156/Cockpit/Fi156.htm

dswo
April 11th, 2010, 12:12
How is this coming, Icarus? I was thinking about your model just yesterday.

Lionheart
April 11th, 2010, 16:54
Me too.

I can only 'fantasize' about such a plane with Icarus' great paint work on it.

Bill

icarus
April 12th, 2010, 06:20
I m on many projects involved actually and many new things applied to next models...about fi156 hope will be released before this summer. We have started also a beechcraft 17 staggerwing and soon a dornier do x (someone could ask why many models started and not released? before we are working on constantly and we will release only when i/we like as they are), probably i will make some videos about next models progress soon (little bit hard find the time while working on 11 new different models)

thank for the interest on our models

peter12213
April 12th, 2010, 12:16
Its your Henschel 129 most of us are waiting for I think!

Slug Flyer
April 12th, 2010, 12:34
Staggerwing? Sign me up!

Cazzie
April 12th, 2010, 13:08
If you folks haven;t tried Google's Chrome Brower, it's the best for foreign sites. It has a built in Translator that will automatically translate the language. Pretty neat actually. here is the English Translation, I am sure any other native language can be translated into.

The lever on the left:

21st Lever valve circuit for fire
- 156,704-08H02
- Manufacturers Fieseler
Note: This lever was used to trigger the filter tap-tap-fire. He had the P2 positions "close", "P1", "P2", "P1 +". In the device was actually only the board Rastenblech installed, and the lever itself was mounted on the fuselage boom. The different setting positions were with "BrH to" red, "P1", "P2", "P1 + P2" inscribed in yellow, and the lever was made of reddish-brown plastic knob called "Trolon".

Lever on the right:

14th Lever for valve battery
- 156,704-14H01
- manufacturer Fieseler
Note: With this leverage, the two fuel-valve switch between batteries. In the device was actually only the board Rastenblech installed, and the lever itself was mounted on the right fuselage boom. The two were setting positions with "R" and "L" inscribed in yellow, was also the leverage handle painted yellow.

roger-wilco-66
April 12th, 2010, 23:07
I also look forward to the Storch release! :jump:

Cazzie, these translations are funny, indeed. It cracks me up when I read " filter tap-tap-fire" or "board Rastenblech" . But with a little detective work, even that makes sense.

Cheers,
Mark

Lionheart
April 12th, 2010, 23:36
Good to hear Icarus that things are moving along smoothly.

:salute:

Take your time. Your craftsmanship is admired.

Bill