PDA

View Full Version : Im beginning to think it was a bad idea..

Wittpilot
May 19th, 2009, 19:24
I began writing/composing my first book this week.... One hour into it, and I'm thinking this is not going to be as easy as I thought... It is going to be mostly a picture book focussing on the inside/outside of the B-17... and will consist of pictures of Liberty Belle... Hopefully it will be up on LuLu by the end of July, and all proceeds go straight to keep Liberty Belle flying... hopefully someone buys a book or two! If not, I'm only out the hours I spent doing it...

-witt

Snuffy, Gary, I put you guys in for two books a piece...:wiggle: Panther's buying......... I'd make a helluva car salesman....

Chacha
May 20th, 2009, 04:36
Witt,

I am buying- reserve me two, please!

Eli :applause:

P.S.

Seriously.... writing a book is a great endeavor! Continue your earnest intention. It will be a great accomplishment.

Matt Wynn
May 20th, 2009, 04:47
aye good luck with it, i know how tough it can be, am drafting a book myself, then will bulk it up once i get the storyline finalised... Liberty Belle is a great subject, hope you do well with it :jump:

Lionheart
May 20th, 2009, 14:26
I think it sounds awesome Witt! Dont give up 1 hour into it, lol..

Its an adventure!

By the way, if you have a Mac, there is a 'Writers' kit software package for people that are into writing. I had seen it at the Mac Store last week. I do not know if its available though for PC's.

I've always loved those books that have a first entry little warmer upper to each chapter, like a famous saying, or a quote, etc.

Joyce Meyers has written countless books. At times, she will seem to sit down to sketch out a book idea, and two weeks later, she accidentally finished it. It went by so quick, she didnt realise it and nothing more can be written on the subject matter. Some are gifted perhaps at writing. You might be and do not realise it. This could be the first of many more to come...

Bill

Wittpilot
May 20th, 2009, 17:45
I won't give up fellas, just might take a bit more time... I was battling with rebuilding that darn website all night tonight though... Another first... never done that either. And after about 5 hours of work, I cannot get Microsoft Publisher to upload to the server..... damn it!!! I might have to redo the whole thing in Dreamweaver.....

-witt

Francois
May 20th, 2009, 23:23
I began writing/composing my first book this week.... One hour into it, and I'm thinking this is not going to be as easy as I thought... It is going to be mostly a picture book focussing on the inside/outside of the B-17... and will consist of pictures of Liberty Belle... Hopefully it will be up on LuLu by the end of July, and all proceeds go straight to keep Liberty Belle flying... hopefully someone buys a book or two! If not, I'm only out the hours I spent doing it...

-witt

Snuffy, Gary, I put you guys in for two books a piece...:wiggle: Panther's buying......... I'd make a helluva car salesman....

It took me many weeks to make a decent book on Lulu. The software is fine, but to get the pictures just right and to write texts... that's not something you do in a few hours.... unless you only make a scrapbook with 'snaps'.

Now WRITING books is a whole different matter. I've done two so far and either took me almost a year. :kilroy:

Snuffy
May 21st, 2009, 05:13
... Snuffy, Gary, I put you guys in for two books a piece...:wiggle: Panther's buying......... I'd make a helluva car salesman....

Well as long as P is buying ... put me in for 3 ... :icon_lol:

Matt Wynn
May 21st, 2009, 05:40
Now WRITING books is a whole different matter. I've done two so far and either took me almost a year. :kilroy:

yeah, i know how you feel it's almost been a year from my first idea of writing, so far have only the bare bones in place but no organs or body yet, get halfway through then you realise a key character from the start has been omitted for a while and have to figure a way for them back in, its a nightmare, ok so my books fiction based on experiences... but same rules apply, take your time, don't overlook anything and enjoy doing it :jump: Witt you'll get it done, we all have faith in ya's to get it done, getting advance orders can't be too bad as a confidence boost for it eh?