PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft PBY Update 1.10 available

stovall
May 18th, 2009, 07:25
The Aerosoft PBY Update 1.10 is up and ready to download. Under FACs and Updates.

Roger
May 18th, 2009, 07:55
Thanks Tom,
But as usual I find Aerosoft's update procedure inpenetrable!
I go to support, login and then it asks me which product I want support for. So it isn't under the A10 Warthog list so I choose from the alternative list. I enter my serial number and e.mail address whereupon it tells my I am already registered. I KNOW THAT!!!

Bonkers!! Gets me everytime.

stovall
May 18th, 2009, 08:06
Roger, I got mine easily under FAQs / Updates! After login I selected the PBY and everything is there including the updated paint kit. Not on the support page. Hope this helps.

Roger
May 18th, 2009, 09:00
Got there in the end Tom:isadizzy::engel016:

gera
May 18th, 2009, 09:24
The Aerosoft PBY Update 1.10 is up and ready to download. Under FACs and Updates.

What are they updating???:pop4:

gajit
May 18th, 2009, 09:27
Yep - downloading :jump::jump:

Roger
May 18th, 2009, 09:28
What are they updating???:pop4:

HISTORY
1.00 online release
1.10 First update / boxed files (SP1)
Added Norwegian PBY-5 RNoAF K-AK (Dag)
Added Brazilian PBY-5A FAB 6516 (Dag)
Added Norwegian PBY-5A RNoAF 333 skv (Dag)
Added U.S. NAVY PBY-5A MIDWAY VERSION with torpedo (Stefan)
Updated PBY-5 "Vingtor" (Textures updated)
Updated PBY-5 "Dabster" (Textures updated)
Updated PBY-5 "JI-P-30" (Textures updated)
Updated PBY-5A Civil "Dutch" (fixed mirrored emblems pitot tube)
Updated PBY-5A Mil "B64" (New turret and Textures updated)
Updated PBY-6A Civil "Calypso" (fixed window wiper texture)
Updated PBY-6A "Danish" (Added pitot tube texture fix and antenna added)
Updated PBY-6A Mil "Pensacola" (various texture fixes)
Fixed Modern radios for PBY-6A Civil
Fixed Sound module CTD's
Fixed Touchdown and water splash sounds
Fixed Engine temps still calculated when slewing
Fixed Excessive pitch up moment when airspeed increases
Fixed Fix for Comox mission not loading
---------------------------------------
KNOWN LIMITATIONS:
- TO ALLOW THE ENGINES TO START IT IS REQUIRED TO DISABLE AUTO-MIXTURE IN THE AIRCRAFT REALISM MENU!

---------------------------------------
TIPS:
- Use the mouse wheel to control the switches and knobs!

Mathias
May 18th, 2009, 09:31
Thanks Tom,
But as usual I find Aerosoft's update procedure inpenetrable!
I go to support, login and then it asks me which product I want support for. So it isn't under the A10 Warthog list so I choose from the alternative list. I enter my serial number and e.mail address whereupon it tells my I am already registered. I KNOW THAT!!!

Bonkers!! Gets me everytime.

Yep, their update procedure is truely a pain in the b***.
It's easier to retrieve the whole installer than getting a bloody update there.

hey_moe
May 18th, 2009, 10:56
Roger I heard they had a special update for your system....I think after ya install it ......it's suppose to catch your pooter on fire...has it got to that part yet...if not ya downloaded the wrong one:bump:

gajit
May 18th, 2009, 11:42
wow - this update is great - even more versions and now one with a torpedo!

Well done Aerosoft :applause:

and I do like a Brazillian :jump:

jojohnson9
May 18th, 2009, 17:14
I had a very easy download via FAQs/Updates site. With this update I find that all the aircraft appear to have sharper colors and textures. The VC seems clearer and loads faster. Anybody else find this, or am I imagining it? One thing that was not corrected is the US Navy pilots' headgear. They still have Army Air Force covers. Minor point to many, it bugs this old retired sailor.
This is a great old plane!!!

gajit
May 18th, 2009, 20:44
Hi - yes - seems sharper and improved.

Dexdoggy
May 19th, 2009, 14:23
Update fixed all my sounds, it was already amazing, but the sounds of pumps and switches (and that music on the radio!) is awesome! :ernae:

jojohnson9
May 20th, 2009, 15:50
Just noticed that I still can't set the ADF frequency in the classic (old) panel. Modern panel works fine. Was hoping that would be fixed in the update. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this...must be a messed up gauge maybe.

Dexdoggy
May 20th, 2009, 15:54
Just noticed that I still can't set the ADF frequency in the classic (old) panel. Modern panel works fine. Was hoping that would be fixed in the update. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this...must be a messed up gauge maybe.

Hmmm, you sure? I was originally turning the dial the wrong way, and I had to switch the 3 position switch to the 1200 - ? setting. Very fine adjustment with the mouse, till you get exactly 1300. If still no joy, maybe post over at Aerosoft forum, they are pretty good with replys!

jojohnson9
May 20th, 2009, 16:27
Hmmm, you sure? I was originally turning the dial the wrong way, and I had to switch the 3 position switch to the 1200 - ? setting. Very fine adjustment with the mouse, till you get exactly 1300. If still no joy, maybe post over at Aerosoft forum, they are pretty good with replys!

I'll give it a shot when I get on my "real" computer (using the laptop now). I checked the Aerosoft forum and did not see any questions about the ADF. So, yes, it does look like "operator error" on on my part. Thanks for the advice...will let you know how I make out.

jojohnson9
May 21st, 2009, 06:50
Okay, got it working as you suggested. I just needed a little operator instruction. It's a little embarrassing since I was a radioman in P-2Vs when I was in the Navy....long time ago.