PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Sim Short Stirling

OBIO
October 15th, 2008, 15:05
I know it's out there some where as I have it installed. It is not in the Alpha Oldies section (or if it is, I have not seen it during the 20 times I scrolled through looking for it). It is not on the Alpha Sim site....may have been no their old site which is not longer working.

A fella over in the FS2004 forum is looking for a Short Stirling, and I directed him to Thicko's model and Ted (Ed) Cook's model. Would like to be able to point him toward the Alpha Sim version if they did a FS9 version of it.

OBIO

Jaxon
October 15th, 2008, 15:50
Obio, I want to thank you for your Connie conversion files!
Much appreciated and just checked!

Kudos to ALPHAsim as well for another top notch freeware package, which i haven`t even tried total yet.

:ernae:

OBIO
October 15th, 2008, 18:32
You are quite welcome Jaxon....glad to be able to make a contribution to the best sim community going. Have the other recently release Alpha Sim planes in various stages of conversion. The B-57 is going to be my main focus until it is done...that plane converted so well....lost the front tire animation (does not turn when rolling down the run way) and the pilot and R/O are looking to the left a bit...but those are totally livable shortcomings. The air and config files give the plane super smooth handling, good performance, not a twitch or jolt anywhere.

DvSlats and I are sending files back and forth...as I get something added, I send it to him and when he gets something added he sends it to me...so the DP file will be a contribution from both of us....and wait until you guys see what he did to light up the cockpit during night missions...absolutely amazing.

Currently, the B-57 is equipped with 4 20 mil canon, which reflects the later production B models. Will be doing a DP to reflect the early B models, which had 8 .50 calibre machine guns. Payloads will be as accurate and as varied as possible, and will be built using the US Modern Weapons pack.

OBIO

dvslats
October 15th, 2008, 20:37
Thanks for the good word OBIO. I'll post some screenies in the Alphasim Freeware thread. :kilroy:

aitken
June 9th, 2009, 08:13
I too used to have the Alphasim Short Stirling but a machine failure scrubbed it out (yes I do know all about backing up thanks)
I believe the file name is ALPHA_Short_Stirling_B1_FS02.zip and its around 9.5Meg
If anybody can point me at this file I would appreciate it very much

The_Editor
June 9th, 2009, 15:28
If you want the CFS2 version, it is here:

http://www.llanelliscar.co.uk/ALPHA_Short_Stirling_B1_CFS2.zip

aitken
June 24th, 2009, 00:19
Thanks a lot for that, and thanks to everybody else for their help and comments.
I'm still looking for the FS2002 version so I'll try posting over there and see what turns up.

dhasdell
June 24th, 2009, 00:39
That link won't work for me, but there's a FS version at FlightSim.com

Typhoon Willy
June 24th, 2009, 05:16
Hi all,

I have both the FS2002 and CFS2 versions of the AlphaSim Short Sterling,
just send me a pm with your e-mail address and I'll send it off to ya.

Kind regards,

TW

P.S. I'll be away from my rig for a while, so you'll have to be patient til I get back, sorry!

The_Editor
June 24th, 2009, 07:34
That link won't work for me, but there's a FS version at FlightSim.com

Sorry about that. I deleted it from my server a few days ago.

I put it back up now.