PDA

View Full Version : Sexy Looking Highwing

Lionheart
May 17th, 2009, 10:54
I am not really a highwing fan. Very few highwings really catch my attention (in the General Aviation sector). One is the Tailwind, one is the Cardinal RG, etc.

This morning, I was parusing Aircraft News sites and found this beauty! Very nice! Very sexy! Look at the way they handled the glass and flush door lines.

Its called a Tecnam P2008.

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/203948520394857-945x569.jpg

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/Tecnam_P-2008_02-945x718.jpg

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/Image_2-945x630.jpg

Sweet looking bird. They also have a twin engine powered by 2 100HP Rotax engines. I have no idea whats under the bonnet on this baby.

Bill

Kiwikat
May 17th, 2009, 11:19
That's a sweet lookin plane! Not sure if its worth all that money for those avionics though, at least in a plane like that. :isadizzy:

Matt Wynn
May 17th, 2009, 11:44
i want one! then again i want an MCR-01 Ultralight.... start savin'

Gregory Paul
May 17th, 2009, 16:27
See I don't like the looks of that plane at all. I really like a Cessna 210, 337, and the Cardinal RG.

Marlin
May 17th, 2009, 16:32
I could have sworn that was a high wing Cirrus, weird.

Lionheart
May 17th, 2009, 19:28
I like how they did the side windows to appear as one single window. Youre right Marlin, it does look like Cirrus' work. Very aerodynamic and the tail is alot like that of a Cirrus. Scoops too.

I believe the glass panel is optional. Everyone wants glass now. I can imagine they are lighter too. Probably save you 10 pounds in gauges machinery.

The door and window lines suggest that the hull is engineered and carved out by CNC's. The door and window fit is almost closer then most cars. Extremely difficult to do by hand, though it is possible. Better if they are designed to spec in a 3D model, and the tooling (molds) created from the 3D Data and machined via a CNC. This way, you can dial in the fit of the doors, glass, etc.

Must be a big company to have that ability. They could have jobbed it out, but you still have the costs to create it.

I think its alot nicer looking then the Cissna 162. But this is probably a 4 seater and also probably a regular airplane and not Sport certified.

Bill

BPbobafett1982
May 17th, 2009, 22:30
It's an Italian company that's been in business for about 6 decades now.

This looks alot cleaner than some of their other designs. Recently they have been marketing several LSA aircraft. The 2008 looks to be along those lines. They must have learned a thing or from their twin design, the 2006T.

Question is, will it have their new Gemini deisel engine powering it?

Matt Wynn
May 18th, 2009, 03:28
looks like it should get the Gemini 100... real efficient engine...

"the Gemini 100 will have an hourly fuel consumption of 4.75 gph of Jet-A compared to the 6.6 gph of
Avgas required by a typical Rotax 912 engine."

darn the TECNAM P29 Classic is muscling in on my hoping to own an MCR01 :kilroy: MCR01 do something special and fast :icon_lol: