PDA

View Full Version : a pure flightsim search engine

jeansy
May 16th, 2009, 22:58
ive been pondering over this the last few days since avsim is down

a search engine that is purely for MSFS, that searches all major flight sim sites

you can selection that is similar to most major search engines, thinks like freeware/payware model, paints, even scenery with the option to search a country, or airline

ive been googling a fair bit lately and its getting bit annoying with dead links or a link that have nothing of relevance

there is 1000s of flight sims sites and trying to find a particular model can be somewhat an effort at times, if there was a search engine that scans all these sites, ohhhh that would be gold

your thoughts? any tech gurus out there?

or is there a search engine out there that does this already

Railrunner130
May 17th, 2009, 04:56
That would be really nice. I have a request/suggestion that would be really helpful, but may end up putting the brakes on the project though. My idea is to have a way so that you have direct access to the file through that search engine. What I'm getting at, is that in order to download from flightsim.com, for example, you have to be signed in and go through their search engine, etc. in order to download the file. Perhaps you would need to get participating flightsim sites to work with you on resolving this issue.

Good luck!!

:ernae:

jetstreamsky
May 17th, 2009, 06:04
Take a look at this http://www.google.com/coop/manage/cse/create/1