PDA

View Full Version : Uncletgt;WIP,Blue Devil's Lib Marus

dvslats
May 15th, 2009, 14:27
A Requested attach from Uncletgt...:applause:

Some pics of my repainting to match Blue Devil’s ACM JAP merchantmen ....
... uses Wolfis Hog Islander & SS Adventure, P Crowther’s Liberty Ship, Groundcrew’s tanker. The coaster is Wolfi’s Prinz Heinrich with a “new” coat of paint. I used a modified BD dp file & altered the boxmap dimension & effects locations to suit.
Currently working up some more early/ mid-war jap dazzle (or I was until Baldy made the call ...)
Uncletgt

Bill Kestell
May 15th, 2009, 17:57
:ernae:That's what I like to see ... more variety in auxiliaries ... good job!

dvslats
May 16th, 2009, 03:01
Those are some sharp color schemes....and it looks like they blowed up reeeel good. :redfire:

Skipsan
May 16th, 2009, 08:22
Well Done:applause::applause::applause:

Skipsan:kilroy:

Blue Devil
May 16th, 2009, 08:29
Outstanding dvslats, ...

Please post those beauties.

Thanks,
Blue Devil

Jagdflieger
May 16th, 2009, 09:27
Good to see the project coming to fruition! Will these be uploaded as a package or individually? With Bluedevil DPs, they will completely replace the stock CFS 2 Japanese marus and give us a much better environment.

dvslats
May 16th, 2009, 12:52
Outstanding dvslats, ...

Please post those beauties.

Thanks,
Blue Devil

I'd like to clarify that these are solely the work of Uncletgt. I am just the messenger. Please take a look at this thread for the explanation. :mixedsmi:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=16274

dvslats
May 25th, 2009, 06:04
My attachments were cleared out most likely due to the server rebuild process. Ain't no big thing....I just like these so much they deserve a re-load. According to Ickie's announcement, everyone should have the ability to do so now. Oh yea, and Rocky the squirrel helped. :icon_lol:

UncleTgt
May 25th, 2009, 09:40
Looks like we're good to go with uploading attachments

I'm aiming to provide 3 texture sets for each of Blue Devil's JAP merchantmen, plain grey, early war camo (often dazzle type), & late war grey green.

Note to self: Quit prattling on & get them zipfiles ready for upload ...:icon34:

UncleTgt
June 3rd, 2009, 08:14
:wavey:

Ok, they're up. I took the liberty of loading them as complete ships - it should make the installation easier.

Thanks to Blue Devil, Wolfi, Phil Crowther et al for some great work, I just cut & pasted to get something that looked the part ...

Rami
June 3rd, 2009, 08:26
Thank you for these amazing efforts! :ernae:

Skipsan
June 3rd, 2009, 15:16
BZ Uncle Tgt :ernae::ernae::ernae: They all are looking great:applause: Great thinking Hog Islander as a troop ship Brilliant:bump::bump:

Skipsan :kilroy:

miamieagle
June 3rd, 2009, 16:37
Superb!:jump::icon29:

UncleTgt
June 4th, 2009, 04:06
... let's give credit where it's due - it was Blue Devil's idea to use Wolfi's Hog Islander as the JAP Troopship. He did the dp & outlined how to replace the stock troopship.

All I did was some paintwork ...:wavey:

Skipsan
June 4th, 2009, 07:10
BD Please except my apology for NOT thing it thought or remembering :monkies:

Unc-T What textures should be in the SHJ_Coaster, SHJ_Merchant and PSP file. Some have bmp's others do not. Can you help sorting things out please :isadizzy:

Skipsan :kilroy:

UncleTgt
June 4th, 2009, 11:34
Skipsan,

I created the archive using winzip. I can only see the PANEL/ SOUND/ MODEL/ TEXTURE, plus Texture.dazzle etc. for alternate skins as appropriate.
It sounds like you're viewing the contents using a different prog & you can see the folder names I used when I created the skins (I have Paint Shop Pro - I keep the work files in a folder called PSPS). I create the archive , then delete out the folders that are not needed. Some file viewers can still see the folders, even after deletion, but they should be empty?)
All the textures are bmps, mainly DXT1 or DXT3 format.
Let me know if you see different format files, & not just folder names:redface:

Ravenna
June 4th, 2009, 18:38
Thanks Uncle; these look great!:ernae: