PDA

View Full Version : Looking for repaints.....

chrisf36
October 15th, 2008, 12:09
....for the P-51D by Andrew C Wai. I plan on using it for AI and need more paints for it.

Anyone know who painted it?

Thanks
Chris

zijdemans
October 15th, 2008, 12:32
Chris,
I downloaded some 20 repaints of Adrew C. Wai's Mustang here on SOH.
Rick "Smashing Time"Spork and Gil Shaw (Cobrauk) (scorpiocobrauk@aol.com) were very active, and made beautifull :applause:planes, that, I guess, can be used as AI.
For flying Mustangs (in FS9) I prefer Warwick Carters model:medals:.
Philip Zijdemans

chrisf36
October 15th, 2008, 13:05
Thanks Phillip. Thats exactly what I was looking for. I'm in the process of converting all my GA AI into warbirds. For flying I use the Warwick Carter 'Stang plus the WoP versions. Both excellent in there own ways but not frame-rate friendly for ai use. Especially when you have 15 or so of them at 1 airport!

Thanks
Chris

jankees
October 15th, 2008, 13:50
Thanks Phillip. Thats exactly what I was looking for. I'm in the process of converting all my GA AI into warbirds. For flying I use the Warwick Carter 'Stang plus the WoP versions. Both excellent in there own ways but not frame-rate friendly for ai use. Especially when you have 15 or so of them at 1 airport!

Thanks
Chris

What you can do is use the older Wings of Power P-51D/H model, convert the textures to dxt3 and throw away most of the interior textures, and you can use them as AI. I've quite a few of them around..

Willy
October 15th, 2008, 13:56
I go even farther back for most of my P-51 AI. I use the old FS2k2 Reno Racers with the FM from Sparks' P-51H with the contact points lifted from the Reno Racers to make 'em sit right. I also use Sparks P-51H as AI as well.

Dangerousdave26
October 15th, 2008, 14:20
Would you also want to remove the panel config so it was not loading all of the gauges?

I think I saw that here one time.

chrisf36
October 15th, 2008, 17:03
Would you also want to remove the panel config so it was not loading all of the gauges?

I think I saw that here one time.

I'm using the GA-Traffic program that converts planes for ai use by removing the panel folder and the option of using an ai specific air file to make it fly properly.

Chris

chrisf36
October 15th, 2008, 17:05
What you can do is use the older Wings of Power P-51D/H model, convert the textures to dxt3 and throw away most of the interior textures, and you can use them as AI. I've quite a few of them around..

I'll have to try that with the WoP P-51H model. Its the only Mustang besides the Allison-powered A model that I don't have for AI.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Chris

Morton
October 15th, 2008, 22:17
Made these recently..

Mort :ernae:

chrisf36
October 16th, 2008, 10:57
Made these recently..

Mort :ernae:
Thanks Morton! I'll have to add those as well.

Chris