PDA

View Full Version : Found an AIRBOSS bug.

Ettico
May 13th, 2009, 18:29
Dang it.:rolleyes:

It's not a very bad bug. I've already fixed it on my end. The bug prevents the program from correctly renumbering the ship waypoint paths in the "taskforces" file after it eliminates a destroyed ship squadron. The bug only affects the waypoint path numbers, and only the ones below the eliminated ship squadron's waypoint path in the "taskforces" file.

The bug will not exist in the final version of AIRBOSS I'm working on now. I'm hoping the final version won't take a long time to complete. It's already about half finished, and what remains to be done doesn't seem like it should be all that troublesome.

The final version will be able to manage a multi-phased campaign of up to 3 phases, with each phase having different task force routes, infrastructure, target locations, and front line locations. The number of possible phases is arbitrary. More phases would just require more repetitive code and more additional files. Anyone who would want to take advantage of this added option in their own campaigns would have to understand the system well enough to create the additional files necessary to make it happen, but the program will do the rest.

I'm to the point now where I need to concoct some date-reading code to allow the program to convert text dates into numbers it can "understand". This will clear the way to allowing the program to "know" when to "kick in" the different phases of a multi-phased campaign. The rest will just be a matter of routine file-swapping.

I said this will be the final version, but I won't swear to it. The activation dates of the different phases could be altered situationally - resulting in the possibility for campaigns that might bog down or move forward quickly according to the situation - or maybe even reverse directions. Which might be fun. But I don't even want to think about that right now. The goal for now is to get a multi-phased campaign that marches forward in a prescribed manner. This won't be the same as playing 3 different campaigns, because all the task forces and air squadrons will remain throughout, and will enter each successive phase of the campaign in whatever condition they get there in - if any. They'll either have what it takes to survive the next phase, or they won't.

That's right. I ain't gonna cut any of em any slack.:d