PDA

View Full Version : Default Goose paintkit?

huub vink
May 13th, 2009, 14:08
Does anyone know whether there is a paintkit available for the default Goose?

Thanks,
Huub

euroastar350
May 13th, 2009, 17:16
Huub,

Haven't seen one myself...but I can probably recreate one if needed like I did for the default Bell 206. let me see what I can do on my end.

Tako_Kichi
May 13th, 2009, 18:27
The usual answer is that MS created the all white one for repainters to play with (which is why all the default AC have a plain white version) but of course that causes problems when you try to paint as you lose the panel lines and rivets.

It would be great to have a 'proper' layered paintkit for the Goose.

huub vink
May 14th, 2009, 13:06
Thanks Euroastar, you efforts will be highly appreciated!

Huub

IanP
May 14th, 2009, 13:13
The usual answer is that MS created the all white one for repainters to play with (which is why all the default AC have a plain white version) but of course that causes problems when you try to paint as you lose the panel lines and rivets.

It would be great to have a 'proper' layered paintkit for the Goose.

"Multiply" layers in Paint Shop Pro (and presumably Photoshop or GIMP) were invented pretty much for the purpose of solving that problem. ;)

hinch
May 14th, 2009, 16:37
A combination of the 'multiply' layer style for lighter colours and 'screen' for darker colours should allow the detail below to come through.

euroastar350
May 22nd, 2009, 19:11
Gents,

A temp paintkit for the default FSX G21A Goose, let me know how it works out.:ernae:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ejun02ijmzq

Tako_Kichi
May 22nd, 2009, 19:23
Thanks Ian and Hinch, I will have to play with that feature a bit as I have not used it before.