PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Players, Note! USA Fender Strat

Ickie
May 13th, 2009, 12:17
I have never liked a Fender, and I have always played a Les Paul. In 1996 I owned a big music store and a 50 year strat came in, and since I got it at wholesale I kept this one. I fiddled with this for years and still I never liked it. Nothing is wrong with it. I just never found a Fender I liked the feel of. (Like a board with strings, lol)

It is a 1996 American Stratocaster Deluxe with the thin narrow neck, rosewood fret board It has only been played in my house and than not much more than 20 hours. No scratches or dents or cracks. its near perfect.
It has a USA Fender Strat Red Label MOLDED HARDSHELL CASE. Since I went through a hurricane and a big move the case has wear on it but it is in great shape

I want $750 for it. (Thats what I payed for it, lol) Its worth about $1500
I will ship anywhere if you cover the cost.
I would rather a friend, someone I know get this nice guitar, thats why I am offering it here at SOH

If I do not sell it here, I may pack it away for another 13 years.

P/S the whammy bar is in the case.

American Made Fenders have 100% made in America parts.

Note! Most Fender Guitars, are made in Asia (China, Korea, Old ones were made in Japan), except for a few made in Mexico (MIM). (unless it says Made In USA on headstock, its not an American made Guitar) Dont be fooled.

Henry
May 13th, 2009, 17:45
One hill of a good deal:applause:
never heard the term wammy bar before
the only fender 6 strings i like are telecasters
have worked with a few good players with strats
and they make great sounds
H

Moses03
May 13th, 2009, 19:48
Nice looking Strat, and a good deal on it like Henry said. Been looking for a decent Tele Thinline '72 model with the humbuckers otherwise I might be interested.

Ickie
June 2nd, 2009, 08:00
I am taking it off the sale list, ............... because ............
Today I bought a raised steel nut for it and I am making it into a lap steel guitar.

Henry
June 3rd, 2009, 15:36
and it makes a good one!
H

Ickie
June 10th, 2009, 09:48
I take back all the bad things I said about a Fender Guitars.
My neighbor's son went bankrupt and had to sell off all his toys, and his mom told me about his guitar and the auction.

What interested me was the fact that it was a USA Made 1996, 50 year anniversary telecaster.

I went to the auction and won this guitar for $537.00. Now I have 2, 50 year Fenders.

I planned to sell it, but after changing strings and tightening the truss rod and adjusting the string hight and intonation,
WOW what a kick a$$ guitar. I never played a tele before, and it plays as nice as my Les paul. I finally found a Fender that did not play me.

Henry
June 10th, 2009, 12:12
Good one!
i certainly would not play any other Bass than a fender
but i would die for one of these
used to own one
H

Ickie
June 10th, 2009, 12:58
I have owned 2, 335's in my life, but they are every big, lol

Henry
June 10th, 2009, 17:23
Yup but great
i have owned one
in the late 60's then i traded it for a fender precision bass
but id love another
one day!
H

Ickie
July 2nd, 2009, 14:31
I traded that strat for a
1971 Gibson Les Paul Triumph Bass, It was one of the first ones made.
here it is.

Henry
July 5th, 2009, 14:02
new one on me, never seen one
yet alone played one
whats it like?
H

Ickie
July 5th, 2009, 14:47
It plays ok, like a real heavy LP, odd balance point.
they were first made in 1971 and Gibson quit making them in 1979

middle
August 1st, 2009, 10:50
Henry,I had a 335 whae I was a kid....sold it in '72 for 250bucks(like an idiot)....wish I had it now.

middle
August 1st, 2009, 11:00
This is my work guitar. Got it on Maui in the late eigties..traded a '63 Les Paul in the SG shape for it..the Gibson had a spongy neck but this guy just had to have it so he traded me this brand new strat.....rwo weeks later I saw the Gibson on the wall at the music store.....I guess I was the only one who could keep it in tune.

This start came out the first year they had the "Start Plus" w/ Lace Sensors.....it has always stayed in tune impeccably no matter how far I smashed the whammy bar and never given me any problems.

hmmm...I'm havin a bit of a problem with the pix.....I'll re-edit them and post later.

middle
August 1st, 2009, 11:08
Hmmm i keep getting a message that it's not a valiud image file...I don't get it:isadizzy:

Henry
August 3rd, 2009, 06:04
try now
H