PDA

View Full Version : thanks Lionheart! (TileProxy)

FengZ
October 15th, 2008, 10:53
thanks Bill for your help setting this program up! It was a lot easier than i thought (took only 5min to install). FS9 also loaded much faster than i thought....about 2-3min load time vs about 1 min average without TP.

Here's a flight i did many times in real life (KSBA - KSMO). It's amazing how real it felt. The actual landmarks i use during VFR are exactly represented in FS9 now. Mega-Scenery didnt cover this far, plus their textures are way old and blurry compared to TP.

TP does remove Autogen, but i always felt that the autogen were too big in FS9...at about 3,000 feet up, this is much more real....since it continues to retrieve textures instead of you "flying out" of the scenery.

This just brings FS9 to another level.

These are un-edited screenshots...except for shrinking them down in Photoshop

-feng

FengZ
October 15th, 2008, 10:55
a few more. Now i can finally see what's the test ranges around Nellis AFB looks like! And i couldnt resist a flight around the Grand Canyon...

-feng

Felixthreeone
October 15th, 2008, 11:04
What exactly is Tileproxy? I went on the sourceforge site but can't seem to find out more than 'satellite imagery imported to FS'...looks great!

Motormouse
October 15th, 2008, 11:15
What exactly is Tileproxy? I went on the sourceforge site but can't seem to find out more than 'satellite imagery imported to FS'...looks great!

thats' it exactly,I'll re-post the link to more info here ----> http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/ (click)

ttfn

Pete

Felixthreeone
October 15th, 2008, 11:20
Thank you...I appreciate it. I will do some reading!

skyhawka4m
October 15th, 2008, 14:01
does it effect any payware add-ons like GE-PRO? How about add-on airports?

FengZ
October 15th, 2008, 15:22
When using TP, it sits ontop of GE and all other "texture based" scenery. This means textures from GE and any other texture scenery would not show up (such as FranceVFR or Mega-Scenery). However, "object" based sceneries are not affected at all. So all 3rd party airports would show up just fine and actually looks so much better.

The only downside is that there are no autogen, so the landing/takeoff part could look weird (very flat even if you are in a major city). However, once you're above 2-3000 feet, it's so much more realistic. And since it's all photo-real, the scale feels much better too....now the world feels much bigger...

The best part is that you can just simply not run TP and FS2004 loads up completely normal. It's not like VOZ where you had to uninstall its textures. (TP actually doesnt even install anything blgs or textures into the main FS9 folder...you can put it on a completely differnet drive).

this is definitely a great software...makes exploring in FS9 completely different. Now i actually feel like i'm elsewhere when i hop from one place to another.

-feng

Lionheart
October 15th, 2008, 23:23
Hey Feng,

Glad you like it. Thanks to SrGalahad for the heads up on this cool program.

For me, its like totally being reborn into FS all over again. I have been exploring fave area's that were never photo real, like Colorado and other area's. Just Colorado alone is so amazing. I cant beleive how much there is to see. Towns like Durango, Silverton, Vail, Aspen, Canon City, Pueblo, Colorado Springs, etc.. Awesome country sides.

Enjoy!

Bill

skyhawka4m
October 16th, 2008, 00:04
I installed and could not get to run.....oh well.

expat
October 16th, 2008, 00:21
These screenies tempt me to have another go. I tired a different incarnation (the one that skirted around mentioning a certain name . .) several months ago but found the instructions just too vague.

Lionheart
October 16th, 2008, 06:38
These screenies tempt me to have another go. I tired a different incarnation (the one that skirted around mentioning a certain name . .) several months ago but found the instructions just too vague.

This one now has setup INI examples, one for FS9 and one for FSX. The FSX version does the job fine, since the program TP will auto-adjust for running FS9.

SkyHawk is one of the few that the program will not work with. Seems 64bit systems are exempt. Some vista users also.

Bill

Bomber_12th
October 16th, 2008, 07:01
That's funny, because I'm running a 64-bit system and have had no problems using the program with FSX. The first time I tried it with FS9, using the FS9 .INI, I only got black tiles, but since then I have been able to get the scenery to show through using the trouble-shooting tips provided, adjusting some of the .INI data.

I love flying over the Black Hills as well as over my home town. Will have to try some New England flying next.

Lionheart
October 16th, 2008, 07:16
That's funny, because I'm running a 64-bit system and have had no problems using the program with FSX. The first time I tried it with FS9, using the FS9 .INI, I only got black tiles, but since then I have been able to get the scenery to show through using the trouble-shooting tips provided, adjusting some of the .INI data.

I love flying over the Black Hills as well as over my home town. Will have to try some New England flying next.

I get black tiles once in a while. They last for a moment and dont always clear until I pass them. They eventually refill. They look like a 'mid' point resolution (not the lowest, nor the highest resolution) and seem to be like they are being blocked by the online service, like a modem birp or online issue. I havent seen them stay though, thank goodness.

Bill

Cirrus N210MS
October 16th, 2008, 07:59
i cant get it too work at all in fsx just see black textures :isadizzy:

FengZ
October 16th, 2008, 09:32
i cant get it too work at all in fsx just see black textures :isadizzy:
yeah, this program is just amazing. It takes exploring in FS9 to a whole new level. Before, a lot of places felt the same to me because FS9 only has a very small number of textures to work with. Now literally the entire planet is available.

About the black tiles. What version of TP and FS are you using?

I still run FS9, so i use TP Beta 6 (i also had black tile problems with beta 7, and the author suggested to use 6 if you are only flying FS9). After switching to 6, TP is running super smooth and without any problems. Also change fratemate to unlimited, it seems to completely get rid of blurries for me, plus the FPSs jumps to crazy numbers (around 50-60 for me) since there is no more autogen...

-feng

Lionheart
October 16th, 2008, 10:15
yeah, this program is just amazing. It takes exploring in FS9 to a whole new level. Before, a lot of places felt the same to me because FS9 only has a very small number of textures to work with. Now literally the entire planet is available.

About the black tiles. What version of TP and FS are you using?

I still run FS9, so i use TP Beta 6 (i also had black tile problems with beta 7, and the author suggested to use 6 if you are only flying FS9). After switching to 6, TP is running super smooth and without any problems. Also change fratemate to unlimited, it seems to completely get rid of blurries for me, plus the FPSs jumps to crazy numbers (around 50-60 for me) since there is no more autogen...

-feng

Dang! I'll have to try 6 then. I am flying in FS9 also. I'll have to check that out... (The blurries were my only complaint).

Thanks for the info Feng!

Bill

srgalahad
October 16th, 2008, 12:42
Quick question... what about aircraft speed? The tutorials etc. refer to lower-speed aircraft but has anyone tested it at 350-400 kts as far as loading, keeping up?

--- thinking RTW racing here ---

Rob

Cazzie
October 16th, 2008, 15:05
Tried it in FSX, ruined everything. Could get the flight up but FSX would then CTD. I spent my entire day uninstalling FSX. Acceleration, FSGenesis mesh, and UTX-USA and defraging in between the uninstall and reinstall.. Sorry, deleted Tileproxy beya7 too. Will not try it on FS9, no sir, y'all go ahead, I ain't ruining anything anymore! too.

Never again.

Caz

Flyboy208
October 17th, 2008, 14:31
Bill, this really is indeed a whole new FS world, check out my latest SSW thread here:

http://www.screenshotworld.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7091

Cheers! Mike :ernae:

Lionheart
October 17th, 2008, 15:57
Tried it in FSX, ruined everything. Could get the flight up but FSX would then CTD. I spent my entire day uninstalling FSX. Acceleration, FSGenesis mesh, and UTX-USA and defraging in between the uninstall and reinstall.. Sorry, deleted Tileproxy beya7 too. Will not try it on FS9, no sir, y'all go ahead, I ain't ruining anything anymore! too.

Never again.

Caz

Eeeeeks! :eek: :eek: :eek:

woooot tha heck happened!!!

Sorry Caz. I had never heard of one such nightmare story with Tile Proxy. I wonder why that happened?

Man... That is one huge nightmare. I would hate to have to reinstall all of my work. :kilroy:

Bill

Cazzie
October 17th, 2008, 16:39
Eeeeeks! :eek: :eek: :eek:

woooot tha heck happened!!!

Sorry Caz. I had never heard of one such nightmare story with Tile Proxy. I wonder why that happened?

Man... That is one huge nightmare. I would hate to have to reinstall all of my work. :kilroy:

Bill

Bill, in truth it was probably some stupid :censored: I did and ruined my FSX. I still don't properly know how to install and use Tile Proxy. I still have the zip download, but not installed now. I've read that tutorial and it is just too much for me to comprehend. Maybe you and Flyboy can come up with a "How to Install and Use Tile Proxy for Dummies" tutorial for people like me that are getting older and have thicker gray matter that just doesn't process :censored: like it use to!

Like I said, I love FS9 like I have it and it would be way more to reinstall than FSX and Acceleration. Plus, I have so many Flight1 products there and as has been mentioned, it's a :censored: hassle reinstalling their stuff.

If I were to try it, I'd use it on FSX, because personally I despise the ground textures in FSX, way too cartoon-like color, false landclass, ultra bad power line right-of-ways, false water texture colors, etc, etc., etc..

Caz

Lionheart
October 17th, 2008, 17:29
Hey Caz,

Roger that. I agree on the FSX ground textures.

When I installed Beta 7 of TP, I downloaded the installer and the Example INI files, (two downloads total, installer and INI files).

Then I clicked the installer and it ran for a long while, perhaps 5 min's. Then I installed the INI file as said.

I then booted up FS and flew and all ran well.

This was the 'version 7', which was much improved for other systems, vista, etc. This also came with INI files, so you didnt have to set up a bunch of things.

Thats how I ran it and its been smooth sailing, except for the fuzzies... arrghh..

Bill