PDA

View Full Version : Albatross DII and DIII for FSX

Baron von Blutwurst
May 12th, 2009, 13:11
well folks..I ran out of polys on my FS9 version of this plane and thought to myself,why not forgoe the poly count and make a nice one for FSX. Especially since I finally upgraded my rig to run FSX nicely. :amen:

This has been a fun learning experience for me thus far and I hope to have her done in a month or so. That is if I can ever get my Tach needle to function properly...lol

Hope you dig the pics.:ernae:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/BaronvonBlutwurst/AlbiRightfront.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/BaronvonBlutwurst/Albirightrear.jpg

Roger
May 12th, 2009, 13:14
Oh yes:applause:

stiz
May 12th, 2009, 14:02
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Skywolf
May 12th, 2009, 14:11
:jump::jump::jump::applause::applause::applause::a pplause:

gajit
May 12th, 2009, 14:12
Excellent

wallyboard
May 12th, 2009, 14:14
Outstanding!

rwmarth
May 12th, 2009, 14:29
Is this the same Albatros that dwaglik was showing from before?

An FSX version of the Jenny, a Dr1, a Brisfit, and now Albatros(es), starting to look like OFF :)

Pips
May 12th, 2009, 15:16
The Albatross D series was one of the most beautiful and graceful aircraft of it's era IMHO. Baron, you've done justice to it magnificiently!! :applause::applause:

I'll certainly be joining the queue for it once it's out.

Barvan40
May 12th, 2009, 15:18

Hope you dig the pics.:ernae:

Dig the pics, dig the aircraft, can't wait to add this one to the hangar. :applause:

Baron von Blutwurst
May 12th, 2009, 15:31
Is this the same Albatros that dwaglik was showing from before?

An FSX version of the Jenny, a Dr1, a Brisfit, and now Albatros(es), starting to look like OFF :)

Nope m8, the Austro-Hungarian Albatross that Lukasz is involved with is quite different actually.

Thanks for checking it out too folks. I finally got my Tach needle to work properly after several rebuilds.....Yippeee!!!!!!!!! Thanks Bill for warning me about FSX Gmax not taking animations at times...lol :D

Cheers
Randy

RyanJames170
May 12th, 2009, 15:52
looks cool

Baron von Blutwurst
May 12th, 2009, 16:11
a more up to date shot....I'll post some VC shots once I have it all textured. :isadizzy:

Cheers
Randy
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/BaronvonBlutwurst/May12.jpg

Odie
May 12th, 2009, 16:42
Gotta say that this one looks to be a keeper ! :ernae:

lifejogger
May 12th, 2009, 18:35
Beautiful!!!!!

heywooood
May 12th, 2009, 18:40
looks like the same level of excellence as the neoqb Fokker - I am a huge fan of the WWI kites

polygoon
May 12th, 2009, 18:57
Hey Blutwurscht,

looking good...!!!
Just a question - did the wheeled Albatross have the large chord lower wing at one time? So far I have seen that wing on a float version only, and that in connection with a less swept elevator fin.

Whatever the case, I love your project and can't wait to see it finished :jump:
Those german WW1 always had the craziest paint schemes, hard to believe the "stiff" authorities let them get away with this kind of extravagance. I've seen one that was entirely covered in a black & white checkerboard pattern - I love it!!!

Cheers,
Norm

Panther_99FS
May 12th, 2009, 20:31
:jump::wiggle:

Baron von Blutwurst
May 12th, 2009, 22:12
Hey Blutwurscht,

looking good...!!!
Just a question - did the wheeled Albatross have the large chord lower wing at one time? So far I have seen that wing on a float version only, and that in connection with a less swept elevator fin.

Cheers,
Norm

Thanks Norm. The Albatross DI,DII,and W4(Naval floatplane) all had the wide chord lower wing. The narrow chord was introduced on the DIII.

Thanks again for the compliments folks. It's progressing rapidly now that my coding all works.. :D

Cheers
Randy

Daube
May 13th, 2009, 01:15
Wow, this model is outsanding !! :applause:
Excellent job ! Can't wait to see the VC :ernae:

pernik
May 13th, 2009, 02:01
Looking mighty fine Randy :)

Cazzie
May 13th, 2009, 04:26
:medals::medals::ernae:

How'd I miss this post?

Oh yeah, very busy gang, 5K Run coming up Saturday and I'm co-director.

Sweetness Randy!

Caz

italoc
May 13th, 2009, 09:07
:medals::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Impatiently waiting to download

Italo

CrisGer
May 13th, 2009, 09:39
the camoflage theories of WWI for both planes and ships were.... unusual. some of the theory said that if your eyes actually did not believe what they were seeing, it would throw the aim off.... or make accurate observation of course and speed, ariel or naval, hard to determine...

they were indeed quite amazingly strange.

Lateral-G
May 13th, 2009, 11:08
Very, very, very nice!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::medals::m edals::medals::medals:

-G-

lucas81
May 13th, 2009, 12:32
Great looking, Randy! Beautiful and very smooth model :applause: Now it is clear why it was called "Haifish" (shark).

Lucas

BananaBob
May 13th, 2009, 12:58
Fantastic work Randy, really impressive brother! You know I love these old birds too! :applause: :medals::medals: :applause:

SolarEagle
May 13th, 2009, 16:52
Wow! Been waiting for a decent FSX biplane! Excellent work.

Baron von Blutwurst
May 14th, 2009, 12:15
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/BaronvonBlutwurst/May14.jpg
Thanks a bunch folks. :D

Here's and update shot. I've been modeling and adding all the external hardware which was present on the bird, steps,clamps,hatches..etc.

I have also been in contact with a gentleman who builds real life replicas of this bird and he is putting together resource drawings of the VC for me....cant wait..:kilroy:

Cheers
Randy

Roger
May 14th, 2009, 12:35
Great stuff!:engel016:

Pips
May 14th, 2009, 15:22
Now it is clear why it was called "Haifish" (shark).

Lucas

Actually that term wasn't applied to the Albatross family of fighters, although with their sleek appearence it certainly should have been.

Instead the Roland D.II (nowhere near as beautiful an aircraft) gained the nickname Haifisch. LFG, the manufacturer, had a perchant for giving their aircraft racey names such as Haifisch for the D.II and Walfisch (whale) for the C.II

Baron von Blutwurst
May 19th, 2009, 11:28
I like the Roland as well though....something special in these designs...More art than aircraft IMO.

Cheers
Randy

peter12213
May 19th, 2009, 12:18
really nice replica and quality painting mate!!

Baron von Blutwurst
May 19th, 2009, 13:28
Thank you Peter for the kind words.....Here's a WIP of the VC as it sits currently. I have a ton of work to go on it,but it is showing signs of hope...lol:ernae:

Cheers
Randy
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/BaronvonBlutwurst/VCv1.jpg

doublecool
May 19th, 2009, 13:52
Damn you do fine work :applause:

huub vink
May 19th, 2009, 13:54
Really a work of art Randy! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Huub

jdhaenens
May 19th, 2009, 17:21
Absolutely stunning, Randy!

Jim

Slund
May 19th, 2009, 18:29
Fantastic Randy, I'm really looking forward to this one. I've been really busy the past few months but when this come's out I'll definately be putting aside a few hours to take her for a spin. :ernae:

CodyValkyrie
May 19th, 2009, 18:30
Stunning!

BananaBob
May 19th, 2009, 18:40
You got skillz! :ernae: :medals::medals:

olaf1924
May 19th, 2009, 19:03
Avery sweet looking aircraft.:medals::medals:

Baron von Blutwurst
May 20th, 2009, 15:14
Much appreciated Folks....Here's an update with the newly made and correct bulkheads in place....now to get all my wood the same hue...lol
Still have a ton of clamps and bracers to build before I move on too the control column and rudder pedals.:kilroy:

Cheers
Randy

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/BaronvonBlutwurst/VCv5.jpg

Roger
May 20th, 2009, 15:20
:applause: Looking good there Randy!

huub vink
May 21st, 2009, 02:30
Very nice Randy, but be careful I think I see a maggot in one of the bulkheads ;)

Huub

Baron von Blutwurst
May 24th, 2009, 22:29
Thanks guys......I caught that maggot Huub, he was tearing up the Birch Ply something fierce.:icon_lol:

Here's a shot of some of the work I've done on the controls. It's starting to come together....can't wait to get her all painted up pretty.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

BananaBob
May 24th, 2009, 22:57
Thanks guys......I caught that maggot Huub, he was tearing up the Birch Ply something fierce.:icon_lol:

Here's a shot of some of the work I've done on the controls. It's starting to come together....can't wait to get her all painted up pretty.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

Dang those dirty worms, LOL, I can't wait either, looking great Randy!! :medals::medals:

Epsillon
May 25th, 2009, 00:42
Outstanding work, Randy!:applause::applause::applause:
Count me for one...;)

Stephan

txnetcop
May 25th, 2009, 02:02
WOW!!!
Ted

Cazzie
May 25th, 2009, 02:29
Quit teasing us Randy, we're ready to fly an Albatross! :icon_lol:

That is looking so good! :ernae:

Caz

Baron von Blutwurst
May 25th, 2009, 10:02
Thanks Bob,Stephan,TEd,and Cazzie....Glad you like the progress shots. :jump:

I still have 4 Bracket mounts to make plus 8 more pulleys and the Aileron Control wires,(I'm just waiting on a confirmation of placement from a replica builder).

Here's a couple of exterior shots,(I do have other schemes but am too lazy to convert them to DDS until I have all my common textures organized),and another of the control column with the newly added Pommel Grips and Gun trigger mount and trigger levers.:isadizzy:

Cheers
Randy

heywooood
May 25th, 2009, 10:12
well I take back what I said about this model comparing well to neoqb's Fokker - this plane looks to be even better.

Outstanding model so far :ernae:

Baron von Blutwurst
May 25th, 2009, 14:10
Thanks Wood...I'm trying not to disappoint m8. :D

Cheers
Randy

Pips
May 25th, 2009, 15:21
Thanks Wood...I'm trying not to disappoint m8. :D

Cheers
Randy

Absolutely no chance of that Baron. Exactly the opposite I'd say!! :applause::applause:

MudMarine
May 25th, 2009, 17:10
This one is going to be awesome, I can't wait!!:jump::applause:

heywooood
May 26th, 2009, 14:41
bump :icon29:

Baron von Blutwurst
May 27th, 2009, 12:43
Thanks again guys....getting quite a bit closer to finished and here is an update..I'll post some more VC shots when I get it properly textured.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

BananaBob
May 27th, 2009, 12:55
Nice, you even have a great prop texture! :ernae::medals::medals:

SolarEagle
May 27th, 2009, 13:42

I was just going to ask if an alternate could be included! :icon_lol: I like the transparent disk style my self. Props aside it's looking to be one of the best freeware releases ever! Can't wait.

Baron von Blutwurst
May 28th, 2009, 11:49
thanks guys...I'm still not entirely content with the prop,but,it does look decent for screenies. :D

[quote]Props aside it's looking to be one of the best freeware releases ever![quote]

sorry m8, I dont do freeware, just inexpensive-ware.:icon29:

cheers
Randy

SolarEagle
May 28th, 2009, 12:36
sorry m8, I dont do freeware, just inexpensive-ware.:icon29:

cheers
Randy

:redface: Guess I could have checked your site. :icon_lol: I think the comparison to the DrI in this thread got me.

heywooood
May 28th, 2009, 18:05
my bad - I knew the Blut was making this one for hire - I guess its like comparing apples to oranges but neoqb was marketing their new WWI flight sim and could have charged the going rate for their Fokker...theirs was a business decision that favored us.

and they are a team of modelers...this is the work of one talented modeler from what I know - and worth the going rate easily.:ernae:

Baron von Blutwurst
May 28th, 2009, 18:25
No prob SE....I love the Neo Fokker too. It was a good idea for them to release it as freeware as a teaser for their sim.

You are correct Wood,it's just me by my lonesome doing these..lol:icon_lol:

cheers
Randy

Cazzie
May 29th, 2009, 04:10

Don't know about Randy, but some of us studied how to do that under the best at doing that there is. :bump::ernae:

Caz

BananaBob
May 29th, 2009, 04:49
Don't know about Randy, but some of us studied how to do that under the best at doing that there is. :bump::ernae:

Caz

You must be talking about Hartzell, LOL! j/k :ernae:

Baron von Blutwurst
May 30th, 2009, 09:16
little further along on the pit...finally got all the tidbits in except for the grease pump and the proper fuel gauge...keeping on it though.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

heywooood
May 30th, 2009, 12:53
looking grand - thanks for the screenies / updates :applause:

Warrant
May 30th, 2009, 13:51
Is it already a "month or so" later????? :jump::jump::jump:

What a beauty :medals:

Marvelous job done here :applause::ernae::applause:

huub vink
May 30th, 2009, 14:37
Absolutely stunning Randy! And I'm glad you could catch the maggot in time ;)

Cheers,
Huub

BananaBob
May 30th, 2009, 14:50
Excellent Sir Randy! :applause::applause::applause:

Baron von Blutwurst
July 18th, 2009, 17:10
Thanks guys...I've been in the middle of a move and gigging with my band so I had to slow up on her...I finally got my Normal Maps, (<--weren't so NORMAL :isadizzy:), to work correctly and I am back at it finishing up the textures. I've already done the flight model so the end is in sight.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

Panther_99FS
July 18th, 2009, 17:13
Phew! :applause:

BananaBob
July 18th, 2009, 17:15
Freaking awesome!! :ernae: :applause::applause::applause:

EgoR64
July 18th, 2009, 17:18
:ernae: Super !! :ernae::icon29:

Quicksand
July 18th, 2009, 17:21
Looking outstanding, Randy!:medals::icon29::guinness::applause:

Roger
July 18th, 2009, 17:22
Excellent!:engel016:

MudMarine
July 18th, 2009, 17:26
HURRY UP!!:icon_lol::applause::engel016:

Baron von Blutwurst
July 19th, 2009, 10:53
Thanks Gents and I'm working at a frenzied pace on this one Mud, especially since it took almost a year for me to do my Fokker EV/DVIII for FS9, I think 4 months is speedy in this case...lol

Cheers
Randy

MudMarine
July 19th, 2009, 11:21
You actually alow yourself to sleep?............Unacceptable!:icon_lol: Just joking!!:engel016:

Baron von Blutwurst
July 19th, 2009, 11:43
not actually too far from the truth Mud...lol I sometimes find myself putting in 18-20 hours straight and not even realizing it...lol :sleep:

Cheers
Randy

MudMarine
July 19th, 2009, 14:11
Take a holiday after the release, you've earned it!:ernae:

Baron von Blutwurst
July 19th, 2009, 14:53
Cant do it Mud, Gotta finish the Pfalz,DVII,Camel,and Aviatik first...lol and maybe one of those crazy ugly French Bombers. lol

Cheers
Randy

MudMarine
July 19th, 2009, 15:33
You're really going to turn me into a WWI aviation freak!! Which is a good thing!!:applause::ernae:

Flyboy208
July 19th, 2009, 16:23
Now that's looking hot Randy, glad I have entered into the Realm of FSX. Mike :ernae:

lucas81
July 19th, 2009, 17:10
Sorry Randy, could not resist and put some screens of the Oeffag. Your Albys are looking fantstic. I love the detail you have added and your precision in painting. And everything is still WIP :) I remember how your Fokker E.V evaluated. The final version was terryfic.
How many textures are they using for the external model ? I am asking because the Oeff. has single sheet.

L.

Baron von Blutwurst
July 19th, 2009, 18:07
Thanks Lukasz.....I'm loving your bird too....soon FSX will look "Olde'" with our stuff infesting it...lol

The external model has 3 2048x2048 sheets,(Fuselage=1/Wings and Struts=1/Tail and Gear=1), and the VC has 3 2048x2048 sheets, (Metal Parts=1/Gauges and Needles=1/Wood Textures=1)....theres a few tiny sheets covering little stuff...and the Mercedes and Teves Braun Radiator have a 2048x2048 sheet.

I've tried to keep anything which was factory standard on their own sheets so I can use a generic .texture folder to keep the size down.

It runs really well in the sim thus far and I really dont have much left to model on it...:D

Cheers
Randy

italoc
July 20th, 2009, 06:18
Hi Randy

I like conversation and explanation ..... but ..... when is the thing finally downloadable ?:applause::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: (and enjoyable .....)

I'm joking .... waiting for ever patiently.
Italo

Baron von Blutwurst
July 20th, 2009, 14:11
Finishing up the master textures as we speak Italoc. :D

Hopefully the wait will be worth it for you.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

MudMarine
July 20th, 2009, 14:47
So that means.............."soon"? hehe:icon_lol:

Baron von Blutwurst
July 20th, 2009, 18:44
I don't know if "Soon" is a word I want to employ here Mud...I've seen the discrepencies in duration of "soon" abused too many times...lol I'm hoping it wont be more than a month though....Thats for the flight manual,all the textures,webpage update,,entirely too large Upload to my E-Commerce Server....etc. Afterall,it is only me doing all of this stuff..lol :D

Cheers
Randy

MudMarine
July 20th, 2009, 20:26
I think I'm the main soon "hater" around here! I refuse to give up the fight for the elimination of the word!! I was just teasing! hehe:engel016::icon_lol:

Baron von Blutwurst
July 21st, 2009, 14:08
I know what you mean Mud...lol Here's another teaser shot where you can actually see inside the cockpit from the external view. Hope that's enough detail to satisfy the die-hard WWI simmer.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

Baron von Blutwurst
July 21st, 2009, 14:17
I also forgot to mention that I have my Fokker EV/DVIII for FS9 on sale for $10 until the Monsoons end...It comprises of 4 models and 17 paints with a custom soundset by J.Andrew Banks. Check my website for more details.:running:

kilo delta
July 21st, 2009, 14:51
What's this fs9 of which you speak?:bump:

Looking forward to the release of the DII and DIII. I've always had a soft spot for WWI aircraft after been let loose as a kid at a bunch of WWI replicas (Pfalz DIII and Fokker DR1 etc)from the movie The Blue Max.:)

Baron von Blutwurst
July 22nd, 2009, 10:48
lol....FS9? I still fly it in Golden Wings configuration....it is sweet that way.

I played around with my FSX materials and came up with this for the canvas surfaces without the silly looking Anime' styled reflections.....look convincing to you guys?
:ernae:
Cheers
Randy

Roger
July 22nd, 2009, 10:51
Yes it does!

kilo delta
July 22nd, 2009, 11:07
:ernae:

Baron von Blutwurst
July 22nd, 2009, 19:35
Thanks Roger and KD...I'm trying to make her pretty for you guys. :jump::ernae:

Cheers
Randy

MudMarine
July 22nd, 2009, 20:30
Looks pretty sweet to me!:applause:

Rick_Piper
July 28th, 2009, 01:28
Every time i see a model this good i think about giving up modelling :ernae:

well done Randy

Regards
Rick

yago9
July 28th, 2009, 05:59
I can almost smell the fresh paint and the wood on this baby.Top noch job all around !!:applause:

MudMarine
July 28th, 2009, 09:19
I can feel it.........any day now!!:jump::kilroy:

Baron von Blutwurst
August 5th, 2009, 18:31
Thanks Mud, Yago and Rick. You know Rick,never quit modeling man, I love your stuff.:ernae:

Here's an early incentive....The next 30 people to Buy my FS9 Fokker DVIII package, (thats $10 USD ,the FSX version of the Albatross will be more), will recieve this Albatros package when released for free...I will have full records of these purchases and will send the Free Albii's before I release it to the general public.:ernae::ernae::running:
Cheers
Randy

Flyboy208
August 5th, 2009, 19:20
Thanks Mud, Yago and Rick. You know Rick,never quit modeling man, I love your stuff.:ernae:

Here's an early incentive....The next 30 people to Buy my FS9 Fokker DVIII package, (thats $10 USD ,the FSX version of the Albatross will be more), will recieve this Albatros package when released for free...I will have full records of these purchases and will send the Free Albii's before I release it to the general public.:ernae::ernae::running:
Cheers
Randy

Randy, you are indeed a generous person! Mike :applause:

BananaBob
August 5th, 2009, 19:28
Downloading now, great offer Randy! Thanks! :ernae:

Baron von Blutwurst
August 10th, 2009, 11:33
thanks guys, sorry I haven't been on..I've been assisting someone with a foreclosure move and have had no time to look at my computer...2 more days of moving and I can get back to work...Still have a ways to go to reach the 30 quota too...so the deal is still on. :ernae:

Cheers
Randy

MudMarine
August 10th, 2009, 12:29
Hey not fair, I already downloaded it months ago!!:icon_lol: (joking)!! And it's awesome!

Baron von Blutwurst
August 17th, 2009, 17:06
Back at it guys....doing the FSX version of the Floh too:ernae:
Cheers
Randy

italoc
August 18th, 2009, 05:17
Good :applause:
I'm impatient

Italo

Cazzie
August 18th, 2009, 05:23

Cheers
Randy

Ahem, and what about us patrons that have both the Floh and the D.VIII from the original release? :kilroy:

Caz

Baron von Blutwurst
September 20th, 2009, 01:33
dont worry Caz....you are already slated and Kommandeered as a Beta tester for this one....you will also be supplied with the wireframe layout for painting privelages. Sorry to say.all others missed the ferry on the sale.....cant really give stuff away like that.

If you buy something at Target and use it for a year and they run a sale,do they offer you a return and refund the money to compensate for the sale price? lol

Baron von Blutwurst
October 7th, 2009, 05:20
It's been slow going on this baby,but here is a shot of the DII (Early) version at this point with the Wyhdhoff Radiators.

Baron von Blutwurst
October 14th, 2009, 22:44
I would like to Thank Koloman Mayerhofer for his infinate wisdom and ceaseless research and Bill(lionheart) for all the encouragement........Hope this WWI package when released (which will be expedited) meets the expectations those of you who are WWI fans........I'm aiming not to fail you guys. :D

I have been having a blast with it to the point of being behind schedule.....It is just me doing it though so delays happen.......I am the one to blame for the exceedingly late completion.

On o positive note...>The DFW T.28 Floh for FSX is nearly ready....just a compile and an installer......those who bought this for FS9 2 years ago have been waiting far to long.....It is on it's way very very soon....(I hate Bump mapping) :D

Cheers
Randy

on a side note....part of the stall on progress has been my forced move from my home to a condo....still sorting were everything is supposed to go though. :D

Mithrin
October 15th, 2009, 00:48
Man was that release that long ago already? Well really looking forward to the Floh for FSX. I don't even have 9 installed anymore so I am really eager to fly it again.

Take your time mate, I'm sure I'll get those planes as I really like the smooth bullet look of the Albatross, definitely the hottest planes of it's time.

MudMarine
October 26th, 2009, 07:08
Any updates Baron? Sure am looking forward to this one!:ernae::applause: Don't want to bug you, I know how life gets in the way!:engel016:

alexf
October 27th, 2009, 03:49
Waiting to run it in FSX!
Model looks good!

Pips
June 27th, 2010, 18:05
Did this project ever get finished? Wondering if I've missed it's release (I sure hope not!). :)

OleBoy
June 27th, 2010, 20:53
I popped in the FSX form and saw this thread was woke up. Here I was thinking that Randy was back
...Gawl dangit

falcon409
June 27th, 2010, 22:19
I just took a look at his website and unless I missed a link somewhere, the Albatross is not shown at all and is only briefly mentioned in a paragraph about it's delay. There are no screenshots, no news about it's progress, nothing. After 8 months and no word from him. . . .hmmmm.