PDA

View Full Version : ETOE Crash

BeauBrummie
October 15th, 2008, 10:41
I have added a number of aircraft in small numbers taking care to add the relevant shared files/weapons where it seemed necessary and checking on sound files with some success. Enough to spend the last two days making missions. Today however it crashes when the programme starts up and reaches the second splash. I was working on 1943, but I've tried no 1 too. So I have gone in reverse extracting aircraft folders with no luck. Now I've taken out all the folders I put into the Aircraft folder including the shared ones I put. There will some extra files in the Shared folder. I've restarted the PC after deleting the BDP's with the zapper. I have even taken out the missions I was working on. I'm at my wits end. Help some one please!

Beau

rbp71854
October 15th, 2008, 11:30
Beau

Uck! This doesn't sound good. Not sure I can pinpoint why it is crashing because of the multiple sequence of events.

Have you already tried to delete the uisel? If so have you checked to make sure your eras are in sync by comparing the 1st global layer.csv entry against the qclocations.xml 1st entry?. Innsbruck has a year tag on it to let you know that they are in sync. If out of sync you will have to utilize the OFIFs reinstall procedure.

If it is not an era problem there is the possibility that you will have to re-install.:(

lewis11777
October 15th, 2008, 11:59
Beau you may have to go the long route to keep from loosing all your modifications. Copy your current CFS3 main folder to another location then uninstall CFS3. Reinstall CFS3 then replace one folder at a time from the back up copy until you find the bad folder. Then replace a fresh copy of that folder from your disc and replace file by file from your back up copy until you find the affected file. I had to do this once when I corrupted my install with a bad file from something I downloaded. Finally located the culprit in my vehicle folder, so I practically went through the entire game folder.

BeauBrummie
October 15th, 2008, 13:24
It's back. Yes Bob it deleting the uisel did the trick. I knew there was a recommended file to delete, but couldn't remember which it was. I've flown the stock P-47 around a bit just to see. As it's getting late here, I'll start rebuilding the custom plane inventory tomorrow. Thanks again. :ernae::medals::applause::jump:

Thinking about it and whether it was conincidence or not, the crash occurred shortly after I added the Wellie package. There are effects bits and peices in there in which I was uncertain to add or not, so I didn't.

Good Night All

Beau

rbp71854
October 15th, 2008, 14:24
Ahh the ole wellie is it? When you start again on the wellie add the pylons and weapons and such without the effects adds and see if it plays nice. Is it the GC wellingtons? I have those in my aircraft add ons and they have not given me any problems.

It's back. Yes Bob it deleting the uisel did the trick. I knew there was a recommended file to delete, but couldn't remember which it was. I've flown the stock P-47 around a bit just to see. As it's getting late here, I'll start rebuilding the custom plane inventory tomorrow. Thanks again. :ernae::medals::applause::jump:

Thinking about it and whether it was conincidence or not, the crash occurred shortly after I added the Wellie package. There are effects bits and peices in there in which I was uncertain to add or not, so I didn't.

Good Night All

Beau

OberstDanjeje
October 15th, 2008, 21:42
I had the same problem many times with many AC.
Once deleting the uisel ETO start and work well.

Nonato
October 16th, 2008, 02:04
Ahh the ole wellie is it? When you start again on the wellie add the pylons and weapons and such without the effects adds and see if it plays nice. Is it the GC wellingtons? I have those in my aircraft add ons and they have not given me any problems.

I also added the Welligton and its shared folder a while ago. Still running without problems.:jump:

BeauBrummie
October 16th, 2008, 06:09
Mmmm. I may have blamed the Wellie erroneously, I've just flown all the Wellies with no probs. It seems to be the sound file in a prototype Halifax that Ted lets me play with. Now that I've put in one used in ETOE it's seems fine.

Beau

olaf1924
October 16th, 2008, 07:26
Beau I need help in finding the uisel file or folder. I have two user accounts and mine eto is doing the same thing as your install. The eto on my spouses account works great.:wavey:

OberstDanjeje
October 16th, 2008, 07:51
You can find it here:

C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\application data\Microsoft\CFS 3 ETO Expansion Theatre

middle
October 16th, 2008, 11:10
I have had occasional crashes with ETO aftre instlling a lot of planes and other stuff. The other night I had installed all the Firepower planes and share files. When I fired up the sim, whhen the second splash came up I would get the error sound like something was up behind the screen then I would get a CTD. I tried all the ususal fixes to know avail....then I re-booted the machine and voila'...all fixed....so for some reason it doesn't like too many add-ons at one time at least in my machine.

BeauBrummie
October 16th, 2008, 11:43
...and I've also just had crashes with Jaycee's wonderful PRU Mossies as I forgot he used costom built drop tanks:banghead:

Beau