PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions

grizzly50
September 27th, 2008, 16:18
:kilroy:
1. How do you disable the stock CFS3 movie?

2. How do you adjust the gunsight as seen from the interior of the cockpit? Not the one in the HUD, the one seen inside the cockpit.
:d

warfreak
September 27th, 2008, 16:31
the movie? you have to run the config in the overides section check disable intro movie, it should be in the first 20. the VC gunsight, you dont adjust it, you can move your eyepoint or somthin like that

middle
September 27th, 2008, 17:43
Hmm...I have a question ,too; in the controls assignments there are some keystrokes for selecting engines 1-4. OK. Understood...but what do they do? do they actually enable the user to shut down numbers 1-4 engines in a four engine or 1-2 in a twin engine plane? Reason I ask is if you're in a P38 for instance and one of the engines is toast, can it be shut down?Or can you feather individual engines? I 've never been able to make the function work so I must be missing something. It would be outstanding to do so, make it home on 2 engines in a four engine bomber, etc. All I ever get when I select engines 1-4 is a text message that I've selected such and such engine...great..how does one progress beyond that?

warfreak
September 27th, 2008, 17:54
you can change the throttle, mixture, prop control, mags, starters, and various engin controls to the selected engins

warfreak
September 27th, 2008, 17:56
oh and to change it, you have to select the engines you want then just press the keys for the desired enging command

middle
September 27th, 2008, 21:52
Thanks for the info. I knew ya had to select them ...however, it's actualy in the deselect command where each engine seems to be isolated from the others or set up in pairs. Anyway, i finally got it working ..now to get used to it. Methinks it's time to get some newfangled joystick with 30 programables so I don't have to do some of this stuff on the keyboard.

Aussie Pilot
September 27th, 2008, 23:57
Grizz, go into your aircrafts xdp file and look for pilot in the seats and stations section. There you will see Fovup= and FovDown=. These adjust your eyepoint veiw up and down, in and out.
Make a copy of the original first, then when you make you changes do one at a time making huge adjustments, like 30 at a time so you can see an obvious effect. Once you know which way that adjustment went then you can go back and make smaller adjustments to suit. It can take a bit of time because you have to keep going back to your plane after each adjustment. Also when you have one set, like forward or back, then you move the up and down it can change how your first setting looked again.

Now i have trackir, I just hit the zoom keys [ and ] to zoom into the cockpit a bit more and i'm away.

I can't remember if these changes you make will effect your online flying or not.

hope this helps.

flyby
September 28th, 2008, 00:40
...one of the engines is toast, can it be shut down?Or can you feather individual engines?...

Yes, that's what it's for as I understand. - If you have an engine on fire, shut it off, see if the fire goes out, - and sometimes you can even restart it.

warfreak
September 28th, 2008, 13:47
Methinks it's time to get some newfangled joystick with 30 programables so I don't have to do some of this stuff on the keyboard.
yeah I'm looking for one too,once I get rudder pedals. my current joystick only s 12 programable buttons

edit: maybe a throrrle quadrant could help

middle
September 28th, 2008, 14:09
Throrrle quadrants are good. I once had a throrrle and it .wasn't bad but 4 of 'em and a guy could rule the world

warfreak
September 28th, 2008, 16:03
I'm not sure if you guys know about this but there's a new "system" coming out by Saitek. It's sort of a control or switch panel. It has a gear lever, lights switches, and mags too!