PDA

View Full Version : Piglet please consider...

JayKae
May 11th, 2009, 23:20
Hey Piglet, I wanted to write you a PM but that is disabled on your account and as I do not have your email I have to do it in here. As far as I know you did the Trojan for FS2004? If you did I was wondering if I can ask you to do it for FSX, now, do not close this message and say 'yeah ok whatever', the reason I am asking is this thread:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=2723 (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=2723)

Young Hutchie died and he got buried with a model of the Trojan, so I am asking if you would at least consider making this model so that my repaint team at OZx can make his favourite livery and we can do a memorial flight in it every year.

With kind regards,

Jay

PS Thank you very much for reading and if you do not want to or cannot do it, no hard feelings of course :)

warchild
May 11th, 2009, 23:30
Besides the fact that i'm a member of the OzX team, and Jay's a member of my team over at Iris, I have my own personal reasons for seconding jay's request. There's another young man, also 15 and a friend of mine, in a coma in a hospital in portland, and i havent heard a thing about him in three days. I'm beginning to suspect the worse. You'd be honoring a couple of wonderful young men if you did this, and i'd be more than happy to do the flight model for it..
Pam

stansdds
May 12th, 2009, 02:05
A lot of us would like to see a FSX native T-28.

Sixghost
May 12th, 2009, 03:11
I'm not Piglet, but if there's enough interest and reference material I could consider building it...

JayKae
May 12th, 2009, 04:48
Well, that is very kind of you, I just approaced piglet because he did the 2004 one but it is very kind of you to offer, see what piglet says and maybe it can be some sort of joint venture ?

3/7charlie
May 12th, 2009, 07:21
Nor-Cal propclub has put out an FSX update of Piglets T-28D, both 2D and VC. it works perfectly in FSX, repaints all work fine . Norcals mods work with the T-28C versions. As a bloke that crotched lots of T-28's back together, I can say that it looks accurate, the ani's all work in the correct sense and fashion, even the canopy sequencing. They also fly accurately, although the 'C' Trojan does not show the twist in the rear fusalage that you can bring home after snap rolling the airplane! It is all around one of the nicest freeware models out. Thanks Tim!
A proud member of the loyal order of Trojan testers! Reduce the Risk!
3/7charlie

Lateral-G
May 12th, 2009, 07:57
Nor-Cal propclub has put out an FSX update of Piglets T-28D, both 2D and VC. it works perfectly in FSX, repaints all work fine . Norcals mods work with the T-28C versions. As a bloke that crotched lots of T-28's back together, I can say that it looks accurate, the ani's all work in the correct sense and fashion, even the canopy sequencing. They also fly accurately, although the 'C' Trojan does not show the twist in the rear fusalage that you can bring home after snap rolling the airplane! It is all around one of the nicest freeware models out. Thanks Tim!
A proud member of the loyal order of Trojan testers! Reduce the Risk!
3/7charlie

I think the Norcal Prop Club does these updates of piglet's planes without his permission. This seems to be a habit of theirs not only with Piglets stuff but other devs as well.

-G-

Thoe6969
May 12th, 2009, 15:16
I think the Norcal Prop Club does these updates of piglet's planes without his permission. This seems to be a habit of theirs not only with Piglets stuff but other devs as well.

-G- Thats why I won't download anything they do,I'll wait for Piglet to remake them.Hopefully!!!!

Brian_Gladden
May 12th, 2009, 16:08

You should see the butcher job they did on my Volpar Beech 18....

And I didn't give them permission too either.

Brian

Paul K
May 12th, 2009, 16:36
Rick Piper's work was also on the receiving end of Norcal Prop Club's illicit attentions, the freeloading maggots.

Roger
May 12th, 2009, 16:39
...And...blasphemy...Bill and Lynn Lyons work!!!

Surf's up and anything goes!

Piglet
May 12th, 2009, 20:26
Ummm.. To be honest, I got my schedule lined up for the rest of the year. Next year would be the earliest for a T-28.
However, I see Sixghost may want to have some fun, and I would say for him to go for it!

JayKae
May 12th, 2009, 20:56
Thanks Piglet, that is fair enough, sixghost it would be VERY cool if you could do that mate !