PDA

View Full Version : AAGGHH Mission Builder Error!!!

jackedwardmorris95
May 11th, 2009, 12:56
For some reason now everytime I make a mission, save it and load it, I press fly now and a message reading: Error Loading Mission File. Either mission file is corrupt or formatted improperly. It does this for all missions loaded from mission builder. What can I do?

Jack

merlin2
May 11th, 2009, 14:16
It is frustrating.
You need to try to keep track of what you may have added or altered especially in relationto the mdlnames.txt file.
Have you set up more than one CFS2 install? that will help you--you can use one install to text out things you may be unsure about.
I also try to keep a log of all my add-ons, so that if there is aproblem I have some chane of recovery!
I just fixed up my own program--I had tried to make a copy of a ship file and rename it so that I could modify it while keeping the original--I or the program screwed up, but I just got it back.
The end of Cody Coyotes MB tutorial has a great list of the most important error messages and how to fix them.
If you tell us what you did last, I'm sure someone can help you.

good luck

bobhegf
May 12th, 2009, 00:15
Another thing to check is the number of aircraft you have in the aircraft folder.I would start there first. Pull out one or two and try to reload the missions.The aircraft folder has a limit to the number of aircraft you can have in it at any given time.Don`t try to DOWNLOAD more than one project at the time and do that alittle at the time and then test to see if you can use the missionbuilder ,free flight and QC.If you are ok then continue on.ALWAYS ZIP UP ANY FILES OR FOLDERS BEFORE YOU START TO USE ADD OR MAKE MODS.This way you can always go back to where you started and go again.Don`t feel like you are the only one that has messed up. We all have at some point and still do from time to time.We learn as we go.As one young pilot was told in WWII when he asked an old vet pilot how it felt to be a vet. The old pilot said if you live through tommrow you will be one to.So it goes with CFS2. If you live through this you will be a CFS2 vet.

merlin2
May 12th, 2009, 02:56
You're right, Bob, too many aircraft is the most common problem.

Jack, have you got AcMan? a very simple utility to organize your airplane collection and to slip planes in and out of your CFS2 program?

get it here:
http://www.btinternet.com/~mnwright/

Martin Wright is one of the geniuses of CFS2!

merlin2

Rami
May 12th, 2009, 03:20
Bobhegf and Merlin2,

You are spot on. He had 167 aircraft in the folder. That has been corrected.