PDA

View Full Version : Best New Joystick?

LTCSZ
May 11th, 2009, 12:16
Well, my faithful old joystick finally went TU this morning...So, I am in the market for a really good one...I am not really interested in a stick/throttle duo set, as I have a nice CH throttle...Can anyone advise me as to what they think is the best single joystick out there? Thanks...

Steve in Kansas

pointy31
May 11th, 2009, 12:45
Steve, I just bought my 3rd Logitech Extreme 3D Pro for future "needs". It's not an expensive joystick, but is very adequate, comfortable, and reliable. I still have my 1st one, the throttle was getting sloppy, and my 2nd, which I have been using for the last 2 years, flying FS9 and FSX several hours a day, with no problems whatsoever. They sell for $23.99 at NewEgg.com, a very fine company with great service. There are more expensive sticks available, I also have a new Saitek yoke with throttle, but this is the one I prefer...:ernae:

harleyman
May 11th, 2009, 13:04
I second the logitec 3D Pro..Using one for over 5 years.....

IanP
May 11th, 2009, 13:08
I'm currently using a slightly odd looking, but very effective so far, Saitek Cyborg X.

The big advantage with this one (and their "AV8R" - silly name) is that it has split throttles to control either power and pitch or two engines or whatever you prefer to assign them to.

It has fewer buttons than some of its rivals, however.

b52bob
May 11th, 2009, 14:57
I have the AV8TR also and I generally like it. I think it is getting kinda worn after two years or it's been drinking. Most planes I fly now seem to bank to the left with no input!
Time to get another one methinks.
Bob

mike_cyul
May 11th, 2009, 15:01
Just bought two Logitech Extreme 3D Pro yesterday, in case my present one dies....

Mike

Alexraptor
May 11th, 2009, 16:26
I have the AV8TR also and I generally like it. I think it is getting kinda worn after two years or it's been drinking. Most planes I fly now seem to bank to the left with no input!
Bob

Tried recalibrating?

harleyman
May 11th, 2009, 17:21
Bob

Dump the software and install newer if they have it avaible.If not reinstall the drivers you have again for it...

I have to do that on ocassion with my 3D Pro..About every two years or so it starts pulling ....LOL

b52bob
May 11th, 2009, 21:32
Tried recalibrating?

Lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!