PDA

View Full Version : Movies, Popcorn, and...

Cloud9Gal
October 15th, 2008, 09:48
Hey Guys,

Just finished looking up info on the Passchendaele movie, and in doing so, came across another great war movie called "The Red Barron". Anyone heard of it yet? Then again, this might be old news for you guys, since all of you are pretty much on top of this stuff. :wiggle:Says it was released in Germany, however not sure if it will be presented in the States. I found a nice Youtube on it too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er--DLaG7SM

Enjoy!

PS- I was not feeling well yesterday, so I did not go to work. Pretty much laid on the couch all day, watching TV. While flicking through the channels, I stumbled upon "Midway" on the AMC channel. I had never seen it! I must say I enjoyed every minute of it. Charlton Heston gave a great performance. :applause: You guys are rubbing off on me..no more soap operas for this gal...no Siree...it's war movies now! :ernae:

Collin
October 15th, 2008, 10:02
If thats the case you might appreciate this thread.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=1147

regards Collin:ernae:

Snuffy
October 15th, 2008, 10:20
Sorry to hear your not feeling well C9G!

Hope things get better for you.

Interesting choice of entertainment. You have to love all the old movies about WW2 and history in general especially when it includes flight!

:applause:

EgoR64
October 15th, 2008, 10:23
:wavey:

Midway & Charleton Heston - One of my all time Favs !! :applause:

Great Movie to watch when your under the Weather !!

Cheers !!

TARPSBird
October 15th, 2008, 13:05
Speaking of airplane movies, "Strategic Air Command" starring Jimmy Stewart and June Allyson will be shown on the Turner Classic Movies channel next Tuesday (10-21). Check your local schedule for time. Great Technicolor footage of B-36's and early B-47's. :)

Kofschip
October 15th, 2008, 13:40
C9G, get well soon. :wavey:

cheezyflier
October 15th, 2008, 13:50
get well soon. hey if you ever get the chance, see "mr. roberts" with henry fonda. it's not an aviation flick but it's a good one.sometimes the crew remind me of the guys around soh

Kofschip
October 15th, 2008, 15:29
get well soon. hey if you ever get the chance, see "mr. roberts" with henry fonda. it's not an aviation flick but it's a good one.sometimes the crew remind me of the guys around soh

They remind me of some I sailed with about 50 years ago. As a matter of fact, I was very good at threading a wool thread through one captain's sigars.....:d