PDA

View Full Version : Carenado Floatplane Skyhawk Is Launched

gajit
May 10th, 2009, 22:23
http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/buscador.php3?id_producto=71

Just downloading now - great price as its a stand alone product :jump:

hobofat
May 11th, 2009, 02:28
Picked it up, quite nice! And good price. If anybody can find where to turn on cockpit lighting in the VC and/or drop the water rudders please let me know. Every other button and knob seems to work, so seems strange that they left out the internal lights and water rudder.

Kiwikat
May 11th, 2009, 04:32
Too bad there's no amphib version. The lack of wheels makes it less versatile than the ski version. It is a shame FSX doesn't do more for seaplanes.

ryanbatc
May 11th, 2009, 05:57
I wonder if the water rudders are static just like the skis are in the ski version?

From the screenshots they appear to be

wallyboard
May 11th, 2009, 08:37
Water rudders activated by handle between seats on floor (or CTRL/W), but darned if I can find an interior light switch.

Dangerous Beans
May 11th, 2009, 08:47
If its the same as the wheeled version the cockpit light switch is a small slide type switch on the door post to the left of the windscreen.

hobofat
May 11th, 2009, 09:39
Beans and Wally, brilliant! I couldn't for the life of me find those! But yes, water rudders on the floor and small slide light switch on the door post. Great plane btw! Bought it in anticipation of Tongass Fjords X which seems close to release...plenty of water runways in that area!

gajit
May 11th, 2009, 09:50
Beans and Wally, brilliant! I couldn't for the life of me find those! But yes, water rudders on the floor and small slide light switch on the door post. Great plane btw! Bought it in anticipation of Tongass Fjords X which seems close to release...plenty of water runways in that area!

Yes - that was my motivation!!

wallyboard
May 11th, 2009, 09:53
Ah, door post switch. So that's where it is! For the ashtrays, all I get is a "hand" but no abling action.

gajit
May 11th, 2009, 09:56
Ah, door post switch. So that's where it is! For the ashtrays, all I get is a "hand" but no abling action.

Mine works ok

gajit
May 11th, 2009, 11:41
Question to those who know about cessna seaplanes. Why are there the V struts in the cockpit? My first guess is that this must be structural but am at a loss to what the extra stresses would be.

pointy31
May 11th, 2009, 12:16
Question to those who know about cessna seaplanes. Why are there the V struts in the cockpit? My first guess is that this must be structural but am at a loss to what the extra stresses would be.

I've been around Cessna floatplanes most of my life, and to be quite honest, I never noticed them before. :isadizzy:

gajit
May 11th, 2009, 12:18
I've been around Cessna floatplanes most of my life, and to be quite honest, I never noticed them before. :isadizzy:

LOL - you and me both then!

pontiuspilotus
May 11th, 2009, 12:20
Too bad there's no amphib version. The lack of wheels makes it less versatile than the ski version. It is a shame FSX doesn't do more for seaplanes.

Carenado could have modelled it, just as Aerosoft did with their Beaver X. But that wouldn't make good business sense, I guess, since they also have the wheeled version as a separate package. C172 float planes with wheels do exist!

Aircanuck
May 11th, 2009, 12:21
I'm no expert, but me thinks its something to grab on to when you need to move the seat or have a real good peek over the nose etc ??

:jump:

pointy31
May 11th, 2009, 13:27
Found the answer...
http://www.fadodge.com/180%20V-Brace.pdf

gajit
May 11th, 2009, 14:06
Found the answer...
http://www.fadodge.com/180%20V-Brace.pdf

Well done Pointy - another mystery solved :ernae: