PDA

View Full Version : question about xplane

Headwind
May 10th, 2009, 14:40
I was curious to know if x-plane has the ability to have graphic upgrades done to it like fsx does? Say the airports or things like GEX or REX? The one thing that really turns me off is how low quality the items can look here. Other than that I like it pretty good. Just wish the graphics (planes, clouds, airports, and cities) were up to fsx standards. I am not a dev so I have no idea but would love to know if I could expect some good things coming down the pipe.

gera
May 11th, 2009, 06:42
I was curious to know if x-plane has the ability to have graphic upgrades done to it like fsx does? Say the airports or things like GEX or REX? The one thing that really turns me off is how low quality the items can look here. Other than that I like it pretty good. Just wish the graphics (planes, clouds, airports, and cities) were up to fsx standards. I am not a dev so I have no idea but would love to know if I could expect some good things coming down the pipe.

FSX and X-Planes are horses of different stables. Some things are better and others are not. I find weather, as is, in X-plane much better than Fx, cloud transition is unique and some scenery at certain altitude looks 100% better than some cartoon like in FSX.......otherwise FSX is firmer, better aircraft, many addons and the like......I fly both, FSX as No.1 and X-plane as a totally different experience.....I do think X-Plane is getter better very fast.

Lionheart
May 11th, 2009, 10:52
Yes.

:d

They both use Graphics files and Graphics can be enhanced.

The weather engine in FS9 and FSX is more unique and varied then XP9 though. To me, XP9 looks more real even though its more basic, however, the 'interworking' of the drafts, buffetting, upper boundry layers, upper wind currents are more real and something that FS doesnt have.

XP9 is actually a cutting edge simulator steered for working with actual planes in a real world environment, whereas FS is designed for fun.

Many are doing airports now for XP9. Paruse through the downloads for XP9 at AVSIM and you'll see what I mean. Some good stuff over there.

Bill