PDA

View Full Version : FSX C.H.FW 190 or R.A.spitfire

joe redhawk
May 10th, 2009, 14:03
Hello all, I can not decide so alittle input would help I go for realisum ,I'm thinking of buying the Real air spitfire or the Classic Hangar Fw 190 which would be the better buy to buy first.
Joe

RyanJames170
May 10th, 2009, 14:51
both are good now i would buy the Spit First ie being A2A i herd might be doing an FW190 of sorts i don't know if this is true but its worth an wait anyway.

why is say this is because it would have AcuSIm

gajit
May 10th, 2009, 15:12
both are good now i would buy the Spit First ie being A2A i herd might be doing an FW190 of sorts i don't know if this is true but its worth an wait anyway.

why is say this is because it would have AcuSIm

Thats good advice unless you can buy both :ernae:

Odie
May 10th, 2009, 15:49
I've got both of them and they are both excellent models...both beautifully crafted. The CH FW-190 will give you a lot of paints as well as 4 different models and the RealAir Spit has a good selection as well. I do enjoy flying the clipped wing Spit.

I like the CH FW-190 better because I like the real FW-190 better than the Spitfire. Not being picky...just like the FW-190....:icon_lol:

RyanJames is correct, if you want the Accusim package, A2A is doing an FW-190, so the RealAir Spit package might be the way to go now and pick up the A2A 190. The Accusim package will add super realism to the a/c.

Or, as gajit said.....get both ! It's really a tough decision as both offer a lot of quality work inside and out ! I'm not good with getting one or the other, so I got both !

RyanJames170
May 10th, 2009, 16:02
yah the FW190 from A2A could be better looking to you know and AccuSIM is worth waiting for any aircraft.

SolarEagle
May 10th, 2009, 16:25
The FW190 gives much better frame rates. I take a sizable framerate hit with the Spit, but the 190 performs very nice. One things that detracts from the 190 is the fact the tachometer does not work, therefore there is no way to tell what RPM your engine is running. That is a major detractor for me as watching your engine is a big part of an aircraft simulation. It's been said a patch is comming to fix this though that was said a while ago.

The Spitfire package is nice becuase you get two totally different aircraft, both merlin and griffon engine variants, which have different models, sounds sets, and flight dynamics.

Both packages have awesome visuals, though the 190 is much lighter on the controls than the Spit, and much more snappy aircraft in pitch and rtoll rates.

joe redhawk
May 10th, 2009, 16:52
I have the A2A spitfire and the pilot is so 5 years ago, how dose the A2A spitfire compare to the Real air spitfire and thank you for the input thus far. I love the FW190 but I wonder if the A2A 190 will have the accusim.
I'm a real life pilot and have flown a couple of war birds over the years and the A2A p-47 is the cats nut. I am happy with the real air fsx citabria package they did a great job on that I just hate spending the money for something that gets all the hipe and then getting a disapointment like the corsair it's ok now if A2A dose some up dates and the accusim that would be great and it is hard now to compare any to the A2A P-47

IanHenry
May 10th, 2009, 21:09
To me there is no contest; real Air Spit. I get frame rates at least as good as the default aircraft and I love using the flights/Scenery provided to taxiout from the hanger and form up with the Ai Spitfires.

Regards,
Ian

oakfloor
May 10th, 2009, 21:55
Ive flown the A2A FS-9 190 FW and is hard to see much out the front with the wide canopy frames, the Realair spitfire is a dream to fly around in IMO. The realair spitfire is the best I have ever seen.

Mathias
May 11th, 2009, 01:37
I'm a real life pilot and have flown a couple of war birds over the years....

I guess then you'll enjoy the classic hangar's hi fidilety flight model with accurate ground effects and coupled MOI that nobody else in the industry models, plus fixes the wrong MS dyhedral force vs AoA and directional stability vs AoA, to name a few.
Our follow-up will be used by Flugwerk, the guys who rebuild the realworld Fw190, as a customer showoff/familiarization object so you should feel right at home.

One things that detracts from the 190 is the fact the tachometer does not work, therefore there is no way to tell what RPM your engine is running. That is a major detractor for me as watching your engine is a big part of an aircraft simulation. It's been said a patch is comming to fix this though that was said a while ago.

Hiya SL,
as we have discussed before, the tacho works like on any other auto variable pitch prop plane in FS.
You really only use it to make sure everything's ok in your plane.
To get feedback on the prop's state watch the prop pitch gauge.
The forthcoming patch will adress the startup issue when starting off a user-created flight where some other settings than "full rpm" is saved.

dswo
May 11th, 2009, 05:41
I have reviewed both products for AVSIM and rate them very close, in looks, feel, and performance. (My review of the Fw 190 will be out soon.) Slight differences: Spitfire takes full advantage of FSX sound cones and comes with more variations, including two different engine types and some models with basic nav gear. It also has the RAF scenery that was mentioned earlier, with AI Spitfires flying overhead in the pattern.

Just because it comes with more stuff doesn't mean you should automatically get the Spitfire. My advice is to pick the plane you're most interested in. They're both excellent products. Look at the cockpit screenshots especially; that's where you're going to be spending most of your time. Also, ask yourself if you need nav radios; if the answer is "Yes," then the Spitfire is what you want. On the other hand, if you like the look or sound of German fighters better, get the Fw 190.

In my view, it's hard to go wrong either way (unless there's something that you know you need and only one model has it).

SpaceWeevil
May 11th, 2009, 08:53
The CH model is a better representation of the FW than the RealAir is of the Spit, if that makes sense. It doesn't seem to have any glaring inaccuracies like lack of dihedral. There's not much difference in frame rates on my system, but the FW textures paint instantly when you change from spot to VC wheres I get a grey cockpit for a few seconds with the Spit. I am also alone in the whole world in not liking the RealAir sounds, at least not in Tower view. Flying towards the 'camera' both variants sound more like a Tucano than a Spitfire. Just my 2p's worth as a customer and frequent flier of both.

huub vink
May 11th, 2009, 08:56
When I understand your question correctly you are seeking advise whether the Realair Spitfire or the Classics Hangar FW190 is the better buy.

Therefore I won't advise you about a future release from A2A, from which only a picture from the VC exist, a Spitfire release from a few years ago, that you already possess nor a feature called accusim, as none of these two models has it.

Personally I think it is impossible to answer for you which one you will like better. It feels a bit like answering the question 'do you like fish or meat for dinner?' for somebody else.

The Realair Spitfire is in general the same model as the FS9 version. I have always like the model in FS9 and I also enjoy it in FSX. Personally I fly the new Mk.IX more often than the MK.XIV. I have heard some critics about the flightmodel which isn't realistic enough in the eyes of some, but as I don't have any experience with the real thing I can't really judge that. For me the most annoying thing about this model is the loading time from the VC. In my opinion another weak point is the bumpmap. From some angle the external model look really stunning, but a small change in the view angle can make the model look like far too glossy. However you don't need to worry about the pilot. Although the pilot is the same as in the 5 years old FS9 version, it looks much better than the one in WWII Fighters A2A Spitfire MK.Ia. Personally I'm not a great fan from the included sounds....

The Classics Hangar FW190 is a much newer model and you can see that. The VC is by far the best I have ever seen. The gauges are 3D modelled and I absolutely love the Radium illuminated cockpit when you fly it without the VC lights. The external model shows the craftsmanship of the people who made it. I have not heard much criticism on the flight model, so I guess as nobody complains it must be good (but again who am I to judge). However compared with some other FSX models it is quite easy to fly. Not because this is an error in the flightmodel, but just because the FW190 was a very modern aircraft for its days and many things were done automatically.

Both aircrafts have gadgets like programmed engine failure with nice visual effects, when you overload of overheat the engine and both aircrafts were definitely worth their money in my opinion.

Personally when I had to choose one, I would go for the Classics Hangar FW190. And definitely not because I have been a beta tester. (To be honest I have done some beta testing from models which I would not recommend anyone to buy.)
But the FW190 model is more modern which is definitely visible and especially in the VC. The FW190 has some features which the Spitfire doesn't have like the above mention Radium illuminated instrument panel. Next to that the FW190 package offers more versions (9 for the FW190 (even without counting the different load-outs) against 6 for the Spitfire) and last but not least because Classics Hangar has promised the owners of the early version package a discount on the late version package.

The prices are nearly the same. When you already own the FS9 Spitfire you will be able to download it for 22 Euro, otherwise you will have to pay the full 29 Euro. The FW190 is 29.95 Euros for people in Europe, but can be purchased for 25.17 Euro for people outside Europe. When you like the model on an original CD the Realair model is the only options.

As said I personally prefer the FW190, but I prefer to fly the 'bad boys' aircrafts anyway. I have the WWII Fighters set as well. The Bf109 from the package is completely worn where the Spitfire doesn't yet need its first overhaul ;).

Cheers,
Huub

joe redhawk
May 11th, 2009, 10:53
Hi to all and thank you for all the input it's been a help for me.I just bought 2 old vw classic beetles so might as well buy one more german classic machine lol.Thank you again.
Joe

huub vink
May 12th, 2009, 09:24
Enjoy it Joe!

Huub