PDA

View Full Version : Darlington

eddie
May 10th, 2009, 06:19
Congrats to Mark Martin on his second win of the season!! What a race,lol

The "Old" man took JJ to school on how to get around that track!!:applause:

Cazzie
May 10th, 2009, 07:05
Race was so good I stayed up the full duration to see it, doesn't happen often on night Cup races. Again, the "right" Hendrick's car won!

Caz

Panther_99FS
May 10th, 2009, 07:22
I missed the race due to a WW-II veteran's event - but I agree, it's good to see Martin win :)

eddie
May 10th, 2009, 07:47
I have to say that JJ did a heck of a job to finish second,concidering what he had to overcome, after wrecking his car during qualifications, being spun out in the pits,(glad no one got hurt!), but don't understand why he
kept driving so hard and so far into the turns? Mark just kept pulling away from him especally when JJ's car was pushing so much.

Loved the interview with Cale, good to see him there! Still looks in good shape for his age.

Maybe Dale Jr should tke a refresher course in Stock Car Racing 101, his season is a disaster so far. They could put Kerry in his car, sure couldn't get any worse,lol

Panther_99FS
May 10th, 2009, 07:53
The taboo question:

Is Dale Jr. the "problem"...:ques:

eddie
May 10th, 2009, 08:19
That's not a taboo question Panther, maybe to his fans it is, but on the whole, I think is a fair question to ask. But, the true answer is pure speculation on our part, especially since we are not close enough to know what's really going on with his team.

I wouldn't want to be him, myself. The son of such a famous driver as his Dad, no way I would want to be in a position like that. The fans expectations of him to be like Dale Sr, has to put a ton of pressure on him. He has to be his own man. That goes for anyone in any sport.

You being a Bears fan, how would you like to be the son of Dick Butkus, and try to make it in football? Right now, Vince Lombardi's grandson, is part of the defensive coaching staff with the Dolphins, I wonder what the expectations are for him,lol

Panther_99FS
May 10th, 2009, 08:41
The fans expectations of him to be like Dale Sr, has to put a ton of pressure on him. He has to be his own man.

I agree 100%....(Which is why I understand completely why he chose Hendrick)

EasyEd
May 10th, 2009, 08:45
Hey All,

I was happy with the race other than Martin winning. Jimmie did alright considering that he had no time in the car until the race, started last and Chad couldn't remember when they last used that car. A lot to overcome but they are a good duo.

As for the end - Mark had the better car and Jimmie was tryin to get around the outside. With a better car and the fact that Martin made his career "rolling through the center better than anyone else" (his very words) Jimmie had no real chance.

As for Jr who knows what is going on there (Jr or his cousin?) - but it is sad. As for sons following famous father's what about Kyle? Of course the flip side is how did the great Archie Manning's sons do?

-Ed-

eddie
May 10th, 2009, 09:06
Since I started talking about Jr's bad start to this season, another driver I can't figure out is Carl Edwards. A lot of folks predicted after last season, that he would be a great choice for winning it all this season. His season so far isn't any better then Jr's.

Panther_99FS
May 10th, 2009, 09:56
I saw a read today that states that Edwards blames Biffel for last night's excursion...:monkies: (I didn't see the race so I can't comment)