PDA

View Full Version : 'The Success Of Jeff Gordon & Jimmie Johnson'...

Panther_99FS
October 15th, 2008, 09:11
http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/spencer-dont-lose-your-head/

EasyEd
October 19th, 2008, 20:02
Hey All,

So Panther did it work today at Martinsville?

I think so - Jimmy was under control from the get go. He is well on his way to 3 in a row (only Cale has done that) and with a 149 point lead will likely be hard to catch - but you never know - Awesome Bill lost a race with a flat on the last lap of the last race of the year.

Note that one other year (2004) Jimmy was only 9 points from winning the cup and in another year (2005) was 128 odd points from winning the cup - not a good year for Jimmy. He could easily be working on title number 4 or 5. As an FYI he also actually had more points than Ryan Newman in his rookie year but lost to Newman as only the top 15 races of each driver counted toward rookie of the year honors.

Good race today though - Denny did well. Now it's on to the kind of tracks where Roush has been running well lately. Bif or Jeff Burton may pose a serious threat to JJ.

-Ed-

PS that Martin thing - look up who finished second to Kenseth that year - 91 more points and he woulda won the cup.

Panther_99FS
October 20th, 2008, 00:16
Chad Knaus said that on the morning of the race, they didn't feel that were where they wanted to be - made some last minute changes and they obviously worked....

Addendum: Kyle Bush is now dead last of the top 12...

Cazzie
October 20th, 2008, 04:19
JJ has all the blind luck in NASCAR! :banghead: I was there yesterday, beautiful day for a race except the finish!

I bought a stuffed No. 48 and have some stick pins, I'm gonna put some voodoo on him. The first pin is being stuck in the car's right front. let's see what happens! Arrrg. :banghead:

Caz