PDA

View Full Version : Sabre Download

Eric Hinson
May 9th, 2009, 12:52
Anyone else having trouble with broken links in the CFS2 download area for Bearcat241's Section8 Sabre conversion? Couldn't grab the original download or the fix file...

Dirtman
May 9th, 2009, 14:07
G'day Eric & Welcome to the CFS2 forum ... aka "The Basement" :wavey:

The SOH server had a meltdown a few weeks ago & the download section is not yet fully functional.

Please try to be patient as they will have it repaired soon. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Morton
May 9th, 2009, 15:52
Same trouble here Eric. I got it from Bearcat.

By the way. I decided to do a CFS2 textures /panel update package for one of the Sabre's available. My personal opinion is that the existing Fs2004 "photographic" metal textures are not always good for CFS2 as we have no reflection layer in the graphic engine to create that polished surface.

I ended up with two choices. Your F86 and Bearcat241's Section8 conversion. However I found out your model gives much better framrates. All the animations in the S8 model sucks framerates in CFS2 which makes it unusable in combat. At least on my rig.
Here's an example in work..

Morton

Morton
May 10th, 2009, 23:29
Eric,

About my above reply. I discovered afterwards you allready did several textures on the F86! So, on second thought, i dont think it's any point in working more on my textures of the same version. Yours are maybe better..:applause:
I might instead do a modified 2D panel. Perhaps some texture versions not done before.

Thanks for your splendid CFS2-F86 package!

cheers
Morton

Eric Hinson
May 11th, 2009, 18:19
Morton, thanks for the kind words. I'm always open to any improvements and I've seen examples of your excellent work! That is the beauty of our forum, the power of collective talent. Are you strictly a graphics guy, or could you take a shot at fixing the rudder animation and perhaps deleting the built-in drop tanks on the O-H version?

Bill Kestell
May 11th, 2009, 19:05
Hi, Morton!

Hey, I'd "second" Eric's request about "removing" the modeled-on drop tanks from the O-H Sabres ... if that's not a big deal ... because it would really improve a sweet looking a/c!