PDA

View Full Version : Please Advise Me What PC and Card Will Run FSX Fairly Smooth

casey jones
May 9th, 2009, 07:22
I would like to buy a new PC and a new graphics card, I would like to know is there a PC I can buy that will run FSX fairly smooth? I mean could I buy one at Wal-Mart?

Cheers

Casey

txnetcop
May 9th, 2009, 07:30
I would like to buy a new PC and a new graphics card, I would like to know is there a PC I can buy that will run FSX fairly smooth? I mean could I buy one at Wal-Mart?

Cheers

Casey

Casey you don't have to have an expensive computer to run FSX well, but what you do have to have, except for the new i7 Cores, is a computer whose bandwidth is not bottle-necked either by low-end memory, graphics, or cheap motherboard with a low-end cheap chipset. Most computers you buy off the shelf contain more or more of these problems.

I won't ship outside of Texas because I want better control of the computers I build, but Harleyman has an inexpensive unit that does fly FSX very well. We have a collaborative effort in this one to ensure that it does very well for very little money. He said he would begin shipping this unit if there was a demand.

I would suggest talking to Harleyman and see what you can work out. A less than $600 computer that will run FSX in the high twenties and thirties is really nice deal, of course if you want lots of eye-candy it will cost a little more because it requires more power to run it.

Just my thoughts on it
Ted

olaf1924
May 9th, 2009, 07:31
The simple answer is no. Dell has a good website for desktops and costco has a few gaming desktops.

pointy31
May 9th, 2009, 07:45
I bought an HP 9450f from Circuit City (now defunct) and it runs FSX quite well. I paid $1200 less the monitor, but they are cheaper now. Check it out, you may like what you see...:ernae:

harleyman
May 9th, 2009, 07:53
Right here....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=15975

You can PM me with questions ....Or E-Mail in my stats

Bjoern
May 9th, 2009, 08:05
- Quad core (2.5Ghz or better)
- 4GBytes Ram
- NVidia 8800GTX or better

The rest doesn't matter much.

harleyman
May 9th, 2009, 08:10
No..The motherboard matters completely.....

It needs to ba fast and handle an OC for FSX

We all know FSX wants at least 3.2 or better....

And you need good power too...

Bjoern
May 9th, 2009, 08:21
No..The motherboard matters completely.....

It needs to ba fast and handle an OC for FSX

We all know FSX wants at least 3.2 or better....

And you need good power too...

I intentionally wasn't considering any OC'able parts since Casey (no offense) doesn't appear to have the technical knowledge for any overclocking (yet).

I guess he just wants rough specs, buy a PC, start it up, install FSX and go flying.

- Edit: Casey, don't buy the PC at Wal-Mart. Rather find the next best computer shop and buy it there. It might be a little more expensive, but you'll get way better advice and parts!

harleyman
May 9th, 2009, 08:47
I intentionally wasn't considering any OC'able parts since Casey (no offense) doesn't appear to have the technical knowledge for any overclocking (yet).

I guess he just wants rough specs, buy a PC, start it up, install FSX and go flying.

- Edit: Casey, don't buy the PC at Wal-Mart. Rather find the next best computer shop and buy it there. It might be a little more expensive, but you'll get way better advice and parts!

10-4 I'm with you on that........:ernae:

hey_moe
May 9th, 2009, 09:06
Harley...eyes poor...can you build me one too..Da wife says I need to budget me money.....what dat.:blind:

harleyman
May 9th, 2009, 09:11
Sure I can..

BUDGET...RUN...Thats a very bad word..........(man, my fav smiley bit the dust, the fainting one) :mixedsmi: