PDA

View Full Version : Catalina Modern NAV freq setting problem.

jimjones
May 9th, 2009, 03:47
It seems a bug, but you be the judge.

I'm trying to set the frequencies in the Bendix King KX165A TSO. The instructons in the manual do not seem to match how it works in the sim.

For setting NAV frequencies the manaul indicates the use of positions around the frequency select knobs named, E and F for outer knob 1 MHz changes and G and H for inner knob 50 KHz changes. I do not find this to be the case. What is happening for me is that left clicking the outer knob, the active NAV freq decreases by 1 MHz and right clicking increases by 1MHz. Left and right clicking the inner knob pushes it in or pulls it out.

There seems to be NO way to tune in 50 MHz freq steps.

Also I don't find a way to enter freq into the standby freq directly.

What are you experiences?

IanP
May 9th, 2009, 04:32
I used the mousewheel to tune (active) frequencies in Calypso and had no problem. I haven't yet switched modes to try and program the standby, only used direct input, but that worked fine.

It looks like the same radio set as is used in the Twotter. If so, it needs some reading to learn how to use it properly!

jimjones
May 9th, 2009, 05:27
Thanks Ian, the mouse wheel indeed will set the inner knob settings. The outer knob has 2 ways of setting, via mouse clicks and mouse wheel.

Interesting that one must input into the active freq then move it to standby. Just the opposite of the default planes.

jimjones
May 9th, 2009, 07:10
Is the KLN 90B TSO that comes with the Catalina fully functional?

I can't seem to get beyond the opening screen. It turns on and off and brightness is functional. It shows a test then goes to an info screen. Hitting the CRSR button and pressing in the inner knob did not allow changing the page info as indicated in the manual. Tried lots of things without success.

Sorry for changing the thread focus, perhaps the thread should have been named Catalina Modern Navigational system problems.