PDA

View Full Version : My one dislike about Carenado products....

Ark
May 7th, 2009, 18:44
All of the pilots wear sunglasses and I can't take them off. lol

I do a lot of flying at night and this sunglass thing has always been a pet peeve of mine.

Is there any way to "paint" these away, or at least make them clear so they look like normal glasses?

yago9
May 7th, 2009, 19:02
Yep, sure is..

BananaBob
May 7th, 2009, 20:34
Sometimes you can blacken out the area in the alpha, like the sunglasses and they'll not show.

Lionheart
May 8th, 2009, 01:39
Eaglesoft's pilots sunglasses disappear at night.

:d

Bill

yago9
May 8th, 2009, 07:10
It may work with the alpha channel if the glasses are 3D modeled and if that model part supports transparency..otherwise will just turn mirror like..If the glasses are not 3D modeled then you may just get a hole in the pilot face..:icon_lol: Another trick would be to paint the face covered by sunglasses
on top of them..with eyes and stuff..It may look wird if you don,t nail it right.
Why don,t you just pretend that your pilot is the U2 guy,Bono or something..:icon_lol:

cheezyflier
May 8th, 2009, 13:08
PXw4qqQqTrY

SkippyBing
May 8th, 2009, 13:27
Have you not seen Aliens, the drop ship pilot never takes hers off, despite doing a night landing in poor weather. Probably explains how the alien managed to sneak on-board.

BananaBob
May 8th, 2009, 15:20
They are probably Blu Blockers, they allow you to see better at night, LOL :blind:

cheezyflier
May 9th, 2009, 06:09
http://www.as-seen-on-tv-products-store.org/blu-blocker/blu-blocker.jpg

BananaBob
May 9th, 2009, 07:00
LOL, that's it Cheezy, there was even a rap for them. :icon_lol:

Ark
May 9th, 2009, 08:47
This thread went from repaint/model question, to awesome.