PDA

View Full Version : 'And If You Live In Louisiana...'

Panther_99FS
May 7th, 2009, 11:40
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe?id=7509297&searchtext=d'angelo&criteria=&page=1

Henry
May 7th, 2009, 11:46
me no likey crawfish
now substitute shrimp
and im there
H

Panther_99FS
May 7th, 2009, 11:48
'Enry...
I've been here almost 4 years and I still have yet to try one....:kilroy:

djscoo
May 7th, 2009, 12:00
me no likey crawfish
now substitute shrimp
and im there
H

'Enry...
:jawdrop:wha, wha , what! Ya'lls is some weird Lousianians.:173go1:

Henry
May 7th, 2009, 12:21
We aint no Lousianians
were just here:guinness:
H:kilroy:

djscoo
May 7th, 2009, 12:28
We aint no Lousianians
were just here:guinness:
well...at least you tried them and decided you didn't like them. Panther on the other hand, :monkies:
That doesn't look appetizing ↓↓:icon_lol:
http://www.outofthefryingpan.com/festival/crawfish/images/peel.and.eat.6.jpg

Cerberus
May 7th, 2009, 12:34
Dang this thread is making me hungry. I could eat a couple of coke flats of crawdads right now lol. I prefer not to waste my time sucking the heads, I’d rather be tearing into another one.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Panther_99FS
May 7th, 2009, 12:48
djscoo,
Do you realize how much work it is just to get that one bite? ;)

lifejogger
May 7th, 2009, 12:51
Mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm, dat show do look good.

djscoo
May 7th, 2009, 12:55
djscoo,

Yep, I'll admit they are a pain to peel (but the arm/finger workout you get means you can eat more! {:running:}) I prefer them in Etouffé or seafood gumbo. If you've ever heard of the restaurant "Papadeaux's" part of the "Papa's" chain, they've got some high quality cajun food.(a bit pricey though)

Henry
May 7th, 2009, 13:00
djscoo,
thats the problem i have
they taste fine
but i aint gonna spend 6 hours for supper
now i do get a good Gumbo with crawfish
just down the street
i am such a regular that they get my drink
even before i sit down:guinness:
H

Panther_99FS
May 7th, 2009, 13:06
thats the problem i have
they taste fine
but i aint gonna spend 6 hours for supper
now i do get a good Gumbo with crawfish
just down the street
i am such a regular that they get my drink
even before i sit down:guinness:
H

:icon_lol:.....

pointy31
May 7th, 2009, 13:34
Slap mah laig !!! Das Cajun Cracker Jacks...:ernae:

Snuffy
May 7th, 2009, 14:07
I's like mine with naked and deep fried .... and some hot sauce. Mmm!

Odie
May 7th, 2009, 14:42
me no likey crawfish
now substitute shrimp
and im there
H

I'll go for the Cobb's BBQ......:jump: Making me homesick !

Toastmaker
May 7th, 2009, 14:44
Good grief ! I'm afraid if I ate something like that thing in the photo, a half an hour later some damn THING would burst from my chest and scoot across the floor -

:isadizzy:

Cazzie
May 7th, 2009, 14:55
Slap mah laig !!! Das Cajun Cracker Jacks...:ernae:

ROFLMAO!

No, I don't do crawfish, but back in my backpacking days, I could seine and fried up a heap o' minnows! Ate a bug or two, but they ain't to my liking either. Like meat, white meat preferably; fish, chicken, pork, bear, but not white seafood like lobsters et al.

Like grained beverages too! :icon29:

Caz

redriver6
May 7th, 2009, 16:02
'Enry...

i've been here 51 years and still ain't tried one...(lookin for the upchuck smiley)

Panther_99FS
May 7th, 2009, 16:13
i've been here 51 years and still ain't tried one...(lookin for the upchuck smiley)

I feel better now....:bump:

Cerberus
May 7th, 2009, 16:21
You guys should at least try them lol. As for taking awhile to eat, well I've gotten pretty good at them. You break the tail off, pinch it with your thumb right above the fin and you can pull all of the meat out with your teeth. When you get good it takes about 2 seconds. Just don't rub your eyes afterwards lol.
The sad thing is I don't even live in south Louisiana, but it is pretty common around here to have crawfish boils. I threw one myself after prom one year, and a bunch of friends from my football years have one about once a year when my close friend in the Marines gets leave to come visit. The potatoes and corn we do are just as good though.

GT182
May 7th, 2009, 17:03
Give me crawfish over crabs any day. I could eat a couple of flats of em myself.... right now. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/yum.gif Tails only tho. ;)

And I do miss having a breakfast of Maine lostas. They be bigger, they be better. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/yum.gif

jmig
May 7th, 2009, 19:36
Well, I have been eating Crawfish size i was about the size of one. I love them.

I wonder if C9G would let me teach her how to peel and eat them?

OBIO
May 8th, 2009, 07:19
Heck, I was born, raised, and live in Ohio....and I have eaten many a pound of crawdad. When I was a kid, my cousings and I would go down to the creek, armed with nothing more than a few five gallon buckets, and catch ourselves a mess of 'dads, carry them up to the pond. Come night time, we'd start fishing for nice fat catfish or a nice snapper turtle..something to go along with those crawdads. Build us up a nice fire and hang two old pots over the coals...one full of water and the other full of lard. We'd boil up those crawdads and fry us up some fresh catfish or snapper turtle. Of course we'd made us up come cornmeal fritters. Sit right there by the pond and eat like the end of the world was just around the corner and this was going to be our last meal. Sure was some good eating and some good times.

Now that I am older, not really sure I'd be able to do that. Acid reflux would kick my pathetic butt clean across the county if I ate like that now.

OBIO

rpjkw
May 8th, 2009, 07:22
I like crawdads, but I will NOT suck the heads. I'm a coonie by birth, but never acquired that particular taste.

Bob

aaaaaaaEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Barvan40
May 8th, 2009, 07:25
I like crawdads, but I will NOT suck the heads. I'm a coonie by birth, but never acquired that particular taste.

Bob

aaaaaaaEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Same here, don't like the heads, but I will break open the bigger claws in the batch. Small bite, but very sweet.

jmig
May 8th, 2009, 13:43
We only suck heads for damnyankee reporters. Very few people suck heads other than showing off. What we will sometimes do is run a fingernail inside the caprice and scrape of the tasty fat.

Although I love boiled crawfish I don't eat them often. They are a lot of work and awful messy to eat. I much prefer boiled shrimp.

Henry
May 8th, 2009, 18:45
Now this evening i had a couple of Crawfish pies
never had them before
excellent!
H

Cloud9Gal
May 9th, 2009, 03:45
Well, I have been eating Crawfish size i was about the size of one. I love them.

I wonder if C9G would let me teach her how to peel and eat them?

Ummmm let me think about it.........

Ok I have thought about it..........my answer is: NO!

Going by the picture provided in the thread, them crawlies look gross! :barf:

Thanks for the offer, but I will stick with lobster and crab :ernae:

jmig
May 9th, 2009, 05:35
Ummmm let me think about it.........

Ok I have thought about it..........my answer is: NO!

Going by the picture provided in the thread, them crawlies look gross! :barf:

Thanks for the offer, but I will stick with lobster and crab :ernae:
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJohn%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoht mlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJohn%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoht mlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJohn%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoht mlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> Now C9G, didn't you tell us you were from Canada? Well, you see crawfish and lobsters are first cousins. In fact there is evidence that crawfish are FROM Canada.

The famous Cajun historians and researchers, Drs. Bordeaux and Thibodeaux have researched the origins of the delectable crawfish. Their research has proven that the crawfish once was a lobster and left Nova Scotia with the Acadians; when they were forcible put on ships by the English and deported from their beloved land.

According to well researched evidence by Drs. Bordeaux and Thibodeaux, the lobster decided to send a delegation of themselves with the Acadians as a form of protest to the mistreatment by the English. So a number of the faithful lobsters volunteered to follow the Acadians.

A lot of people assume the British Navy dropped the Acadians off in the swamps of Louisiana, which was part of France at the time. No, there weren't going to waste that much wind and sailing time. The Acadians were dropped off along the eastern seaboard some in Maryland, some elsewhere. They had to make their way to Louisiana on foot across the mountains.

The faithful lobster found the trek much more difficult, seeing as there were no large bodies of water to swim in and get food. Instead, they resorted to the creeks, and lakes that they passed for food and moisture.

Sometimes they had to go for weeks or months before finding enough water to feed and bath. Being resourceful, they like the Acadians adapted. They began to get smaller and smaller in order to need less food and water. By the time they, along with the Acadians made it to Louisiana they had shrunk to about one forth to one fifth their original size.

So C9G, you see, when you eat a crawfish, you really are eating a small lobster.
:ernae:

Cloud9Gal
May 9th, 2009, 05:47
<LINK href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJohn%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoht mlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><LINK href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJohn%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoht mlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx" rel=themeData><LINK href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJohn%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoht mlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" rel=colorSchemeMapping><STYLE> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE>
They began to get smaller and smaller in order to need less food and water. By the time they, along with the Acadians made it to Louisiana they had shrunk to about one forth to one fifth their original size.

Why jmig, thank you sooooooo much for the history lesson this morning....:rolleyes:

I'm actually very grateful that you have shared this information with all of us....I'm now able to understand better why "everything" in Louisiana is "one fifth their original size." Hmmm, can't be easy for the ego of the LA male population. :bump:

And for the record, I prefer big lobsters anyway :173go1:

jmig
May 9th, 2009, 05:58
Why jmig, thank you sooooooo much for the history lesson this morning....:rolleyes:

I'm actually very grateful that you have shared this information with all of us....I'm now able to understand better why "everything" in Louisiana is "one fifth their original size." Hmmm, can't be easy for the ego of the LA male population. :bump:

And for the record, I prefer big lobsters anyway :173go1:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Talk about not playing fair!

Moderators, you need to close and delete this thread. it is very insulting and demeaning to me to be exposed...I mean treated in such a shameful manner.

Not only I but the entire population of LA has been insulted and diminished by this post.

And, for the record :icon_lol: I retract my offer to teach you to peel crawfish.

Cloud9Gal
May 9th, 2009, 06:03

Moderators, you need to close and delete this thread. it is very insulting and demeaning to me to be exposed...I mean treated in such a shameful manner.

Not only I but the entire population of LA has been insulted and diminished by this post.

And, for the record :icon_lol: I retract my offer to teach you to peel crawfish.

But wait....I was simply reiterating what I learned from YOUR history lesson sharing this morning John ;)

All in good fun I assure you!

However, if you can't run with the BIG dogs, you might want to stay on the porch with the puppies. :bump:

jmig
May 9th, 2009, 06:05
But wait....I was simply reiterating what I learned from YOUR history lesson sharing this morning John ;)

All in good fun I assure you!

However, if you can't run with the BIG dogs, you might want to stay on the porch with the puppies. :bump:

Yim yip! Yap, yap! :pop4: <-- his ego

Snuffy
May 9th, 2009, 07:43
Damn! See what happens when I leave and go to the grocery store!!

Would that be ... Big Lobsters from Maine or does NB have Lobsters too? :kilroy:

I always wondered about that miniture thing in the state of LA ... so lets see that affects at least 4 members here now that I can think of ... Hmmm.

Henry
May 9th, 2009, 11:00

yup theres 4 staff that live here
and it mat be a "little" delete button
but size does not matter:icon_lol:
anyway how many lobsters can you get in a pie?
and of course being LA they are small crawfish pies
with a big taste:icon_lol:
JMIG youre not gonna get a Nartherner git to ya
are ya
:running::running::running:
LOL
H

Henry
May 9th, 2009, 11:04
an you call these crawfish small?

jmig
May 9th, 2009, 11:07
yup theres 4 staff that live here
and it mat be a "little" delete button
but size does not matter:icon_lol:
anyway how many lobsters can you get in a pie?
and of course being LA they are small crawfish pies
with a big taste:icon_lol:
JMIG youre not gonna get a Nartherner git to ya
are ya
:running::running::running:
LOL
H

You know Henry, C9G doesn't understand that these little crawfish can be BIG in taste and pleasure if seasoned and handled properly. Southern gals know that and enjoy them regularly.

Henry
May 9th, 2009, 11:38
You know Henry, C9G doesn't understand that these little crawfish can be BIG in taste and pleasure if seasoned and handled properly. Southern gals know that and enjoy them regularly.
its all about education:guinness:
H