PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of red writing in the top right of the screen.

Rezabrya
May 6th, 2009, 18:54
I remember a while back someone posted a fix to this but I cant remember how to do it. Could anyone tell me what I have to do to get rid of the red writing that tells you zoom and what view your in and if your sound is muted or not. thanks.

rwmarth
May 6th, 2009, 19:37
Well until someone gives you a more definite answer, it is done through the config file for FSX (I think it applies for the messages you want off too....). Scroll down through the file and it should be fairly obvious where to edit the specific lines if I recall correctly. Might have to change the entry to 0 or off in order to disable the messages.

limjack
May 6th, 2009, 20:01
Is this what your looking for? http://iblueyonder.wordpress.com/2006/10/21/fun-fsxcfg-tweaks/

Roger
May 7th, 2009, 02:15
To get rid of the really useless information top right about spot view zoom etc. find this in the FsX.cfg and change accordingly:

[Display]
ChangeTime=0.000000
TransitionTime=0.000000

This was discovered by one of our Old Hangar members, "Rollerball"

MM
May 7th, 2009, 07:41
Roger, thanks for that tip. And thanks to Rollerball. (Been looking for that specific solution for years.)

Marlin
May 9th, 2009, 08:13
Hey Raptor, did you get the desired results with the above tips?

With this HideInfoText=1 in the MAIN part of the CFG I get no text at all unless asked for by the Shft Z

Rezabrya
May 9th, 2009, 18:06
yes this worked perfectly thanks. I am still wondering if there is a way to get rid of the sound muted writing if you have your sound muted though.

pointy31
May 9th, 2009, 18:44
While we are on the subject, is there any way to make the writing (latitude, longitude, airspeed, heading, etc) LARGER , so some of us older guys can read it ?...:sleep:

Odie
May 10th, 2009, 05:04
And whilst we're on the subject....I'll hit the ALT button and it will bring up the MENU for settings and such in-flight, but when I'm done with it, hitting ALT again will not get rid of it. Is there another button that I need to key?

Thanks much in advance !

jojohnson9
May 10th, 2009, 05:11
And whilst we're on the subject....I'll hit the ALT button and it will bring up the MENU for settings and such in-flight, but when I'm done with it, hitting ALT again will not get rid of it. Is there another button that I need to key?

Thanks much in advance !
Hold the ALT button for a couple seconds to make it go away, just hit to get it back.

Bjoern
May 10th, 2009, 09:59
This was discovered by one of our Old Hangar members, "Rollerball"

I know Rollerball back from Simviation days. Is he doing alright?

Roger
May 10th, 2009, 10:04
I know Rollerball back from Simviation days. Is he doing alright?

Bjoern,
Drop in at the Old Hangar and say hello!:engel016:

Bjoern
May 10th, 2009, 11:31
Bjoern,
Drop in at the Old Hangar and say hello!:engel016:

If I can do that with my SOH account, why not...

Marlin
May 10th, 2009, 13:12
yes this worked perfectly thanks. I am still wondering if there is a way to get rid of the sound muted writing if you have your sound muted though.

Refer to my post above.
That gets rid of ALL text unless you ask for it, IE Shft Z. The only thing that still pops up is the EXIT Opening and the crash gizmo.

This does not apply to the Alt button menu of course.

Good luck

Rezabrya
May 10th, 2009, 14:10
Actually no this doe snot. It gets rid of zoom and all that but when you have your soun d muted it still says sound muted.