PDA

View Full Version : I am back up and running!

limjack
May 6th, 2009, 16:48
Got the computer back from the repair shop (blue screen syndrome)a couple days ago. All the hardware was in good condition but they said the files were corrupt and could not save a lot of my files. Looks like they did a fresh install of Vista and then put some of my files back in. FSX was gone...OUCH, but all my pictures of family and fsx pictures were still there. THe Great news now that I have reinstalled FSX, she runs so nice and smooth. I am slowly adding all my stuff back on using Nickn settings. I am about half way through and no issues yet. It is quite a task:isadizzy: to get FSX up and running with all the different add on's, then you have to remember to download the patches as well. Good thing I kept a note book with all my download info and patches. It has really helped me out:icon_lol:.

Jim

Panther_99FS
May 6th, 2009, 16:57
:applause::applause:

rwmarth
May 6th, 2009, 18:09
Good for you Limjack. When are you going to be back up as well Panther?

Panther_99FS
May 6th, 2009, 18:40
Good for you Limjack. When are you going to be back up as well Panther?

Hopefully sometime after the release of Windows 7....

limjack
May 6th, 2009, 18:55
The good thing about after your machine craps out on ya and you finally send it to the repair man you really get a lot done outside of the Flight sim world. No temptations to say just one more flight. I am glad it is up and running although I leave on vacation in two days so will have to wait a week to play FSX.

Jim