PDA

View Full Version : update on my brother inlaw (not good)

Daveroo
May 6th, 2009, 09:17
been awhile now since he first found the tumor in his belly,they removed that and gave him 6 months to live,thats been about 2 years ago,then about 8 months ago he had a siezure and they found his brain was full of small tumors,again they said 2 weeks to a month...as i said that was about 8 months ago.he has since had a very aggressive radiation ( it burned the skin on his head and its now a roast chicken color)he laughs when i say that,not much laughter in his life now either...he does laugh when i call him "slug",but its not a "joke"...anyway..a few weeks ago we all got together for hamburgers n racing on tv and we joked about the "cripples" (him,my dad,and myself are all disabled) should go to the sacramento drag strip the following weekend for the races instead of a family party no one wanted to go to..he was in high spirtits,laughing,brite eyed,jovial,,,,you get the idea,,,he was also able to eat,thought he complaied about his false teeth hurting and he had to remove them right away,,which was odd,then he did this thing with him mouth like a cow chewing his cudd..we all noticed it..but he didnt...
the next day,my sister has reported that he totally lost his appitite(he has been throwing up alot lately and has lost alot of wieght (280 down to 140)doctors had not been upset because he has been on chemo..but now its wierd....he can eat linguesa,but not chierios....
back to the presant...in the past week,he started falling down,and his eqolibrium is off the charts,,,i didnt believe it until i saw it last night..but he can stand up and his upper body be bent backwards at a true 45 degrees and he is perfectly fine..try to straighten him up..and hes down.he can no longer walk,he just shuffles his feet,he can barely keep his eyes open,while at the drs yesterday,while getting the bad news..he slept the whole time..my sister had to explaine it to him three times on the way home..
but as it turns out,he has small cell cancer in his spinal fluid,and ofcourse that means its in the brain fluid,once again the drs have given him 2 weeks to a month..and this time they said to believe it..personally....i think he will just keep pluggin along...but who knows...

jackedwardmorris95
May 6th, 2009, 09:42
Im so sorry to hear that. Is he your sisters husband? Is the cancer to do with his Disability? If my CFS2 100th BG campaign comes off I will surely dedicate it to him, if thats ok with you, of course,
Regards,

Jack

Skyferret
May 6th, 2009, 12:29
My thoughts and hopes are with you. High spirits are sometimes the only edge people like him have.

I know what it's like to see a family member go from healthy to a down-hill slide. I lost my Father due to a brain tumor (1991). Not the easiest thing to go through.

Once again, my thoughts, hopes and prayers are out there for you.

Daveroo
May 6th, 2009, 14:30
Im so sorry to hear that. Is he your sisters husband? Is the cancer to do with his Disability? If my CFS2 100th BG campaign comes off I will surely dedicate it to him, if thats ok with you, of course,
Regards,

Jack
yes..my sisters husband..but he and i have been friends since i was 9 years old,,when kids he and my sister absolutly hated eachother..LOL...and now theyre married..go figure huh?..and yes..his disablitity is the cancer

Buddha13
May 8th, 2009, 07:33
Hi Daveroo,
Sorry to hear this sad news.
As for plugging along.The mother of my best friend was diagnosed with lung cancer(Bearing in mind this was over 50 years ago) and had half her lung removed and chemotherapy.She was warned that they could only give her at most 3-5years.She should also avoid having any more children.She had 2 more children(One being my friend) and survived for just over 30 years longer than they gave her.That was with just plugging along.So I hope your brother in law does as well.
He will be in my prayers.

Buddha13