PDA

View Full Version : 'Brett Favre To The Vikings?'

Panther_99FS
May 6th, 2009, 08:00
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9541032/Report:-Favre-to-meet-with-Vikings'-Childress

Kiwikat
May 6th, 2009, 08:35
... :blind:

He's really ruining his reputation in Green Bay by doing all this stuff.

Mongo
May 6th, 2009, 08:35
As a long-time Packers fan and a Brett Favre fan, I'd have to say that this would be just wrong. Not just from the stand point of going to a Packers rival (presumably to get some sort of pay back against the Packers), but you can't keep retiring and then un-retiring. IMO, he's slowly destroying a legacy that he worked too hard to create.

I was still hoping to hear that he might re-sign with the Packers for a day so that he could retire as a Packer, have his number 4 retired... that sort of stuff. But I think that if he jumps to another team (esp. the Vikings) he can kiss all that stuff good-bye.

TomSteber
May 6th, 2009, 13:59
I think "THIS" will kill the legacy.

Gonna have to fold up the Farve jersey and put it away for about 15-20 years till this blows over!

TARPSBird
May 6th, 2009, 14:23
He's turning himself into a comic figure. He's out, he's back, he's out, he's back - enough already! C'mon Brett, you're in the "old guy" zone. Get a job on some TV network doing color commentary like the other old jocks do, and preserve what's left of your dignity.

Cazzie
May 6th, 2009, 15:18
As a long-time Packers fan and a Brett Favre fan, I'd have to say that this would be just wrong. Not just from the stand point of going to a Packers rival (presumably to get some sort of pay back against the Packers), but you can't keep retiring and then un-retiring. IMO, he's slowly destroying a legacy that he worked too hard to create.

I was still hoping to hear that he might re-sign with the Packers for a day so that he could retire as a Packer, have his number 4 retired... that sort of stuff. But I think that if he jumps to another team (esp. the Vikings) he can kiss all that stuff good-bye.

Silly man! Kinda like Dale Junior signing with Hendricks, the world is turning a Clockwork Orange! :monkies:

Caz